Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Michael Pollan Tomato

Posted by alexshrugged 10 (Sunset Zone 23) (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 4, 12 at 10:19

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I tried searching and couldn't find the answer. I recently bought at Michael Pollan plant, and the seller told me it was a small determinate (I am growing mostly in containers, and am already growing several indeterminate varieties from seed, so I really wanted something small). Then I came home, and found it on Tatiana's TomatoBase listed as an indeterminate. Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Michael Pollan Tomato

I've never grown it.

The site which may not be named, in their database, says 6-8'. (That's one of their size categories.) There are no comments.

The French site Ventmarin likes to list height, but they don't know Michael Pollan at all.

Brad Gates own site doesn't give any useful info:
http://www.wildboarfarms.com/

Aha! Local Harvest's page -- using Brad's description -- adds height information of 4-6'.
http://www.localharvest.org/michael-pollan-tomato-C14504

Whether any of this is what you'll see with your seeds, in your container, is anyone's guess.

o

• Posted by DWD2 10a, Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 5, 12 at 0:23

alexshrugged, I grow Michael Pollan. It is an indeterminate, green/yellow, small plum tomato that gives big clusters of fruit with terrific flavor (IMO).

Good luck with your garden!

o

Bah! Thanks to you both! Looks like I'll need to scrounge up a bigger pot. Slowly but surely, my collection of tomatoes threatens to take over my whole deck....

Glad to know it will taste good, and be worth the extra effort!!

o

Definitely not a determinate!

Indeterminate ALL the way. Prolific.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here