Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moorlord

Moving mates outside

Moorlord
11 years ago

Hey guys.
Ive been lurking around here for a while and I love this place, so much great info. I have a few plants and Im wondering if I should be moving them outside for the day or just keeping them indoors for now. I have a coldframe and Im not sure if its better to have them in there or in the house. I have a hard time keeping the temps regular but im pretty sure the sun would be better than the lights. I have two groups. One is three weeks old today and the other 2 weeks. Its going to start getting crowded under the lights. Oh and my planting date is about 5 weeks away. Thanks for any advice.

This post was edited by Moorlord on Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 10:44

Comments (4)

• digdirt2
    11 years ago

Wait. Those aren't nearly big enough to harden off yet. Are those T5 bulbs? If not they need to be closer to the plants.

Dave

• Moorlord
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for replying. It wasnt my intention to harden off I was just wondering if the "greenhouse" would be a better environment. I can keep it around 68 pretty easy. And I just moved the lights up to take a pictures it usually sits right down on them about 2 inches up. But I can see what you mean. I was just wondering if the structure below would be a better environment than my bedroom. Thanks again

• digdirt2
    11 years ago

You would have to gradually adjust them to it. Temp would be ok if nights aren't too cold but the UV and sun exposure will be a big change for them. Once hardened off to go to the GH then they are usually ready for transplanting to the garden without additional hardening except for wind protection.

Dave

• Moorlord
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the advice. Ill probably just wait a few more weeks and use the GH for a nice place to harden off. I have used this GH for storage for a few mini palms and other assortments. Its just enough to keep the roots from dying. This is my first attempt at growing my own maters. Much appreciated.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH