Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
az_pamperedchef

What Tomato Disease? pics

az_pamperedchef
13 years ago

Ok, no one get angry at me. I did do a search trying to identify my problem, well my tomato problem that is. The search only confused me further. I'm having an issue with my tomatoes. I have 21 plants in containers, all different varieties. The pots are very large, light colored plastic on a drip system with dried leaves at the base for mulch. Been in the pots almost 2 months already. We've had temps in the 90's lately, nights in the low 60's, but I've been do the finger check to make sure not to over-water them.

The plants were doing great, then about 3 weeks ago my hubby sprayed Weed-B-Gone, some herbicide and it drifted to the plants because within a couple of days the leaves displayed the characteristic whitish yellow centers in the leaves and new blossoms. Beside getting upset I figured there wasn't anything I could do to remedy the damage. Well, now the plants look awful. Their growth is definitely stunted, the bottom leaves are becoming soft, not necessary wilting, but are drying, becoming brittle and dying. I don't see any spots on the leaves, nor do I see any black dots similar to insect droppings. What I have seen is kind of powdery dust on some leaves. The uppermost and I mean uppermost of some look like new healthy growth is coming, but some just seem to be dying a slow death.

I've included photos of leaves and some plants to see if it helps anyone in identifying the problem.

{{gwi:1313856}}

{{gwi:399956}}

Green Pineapple, tiny plant with tomatoes on it!

{{gwi:399955}}

Mr. Stripey

{{gwi:399954}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus