Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The best tomato book

Posted by annette1012 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 08 at 11:11

What is the best tomato book you have ? Or what book would you like to buy.

Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The best tomato book

Carolyn's book is the best I have. Believe it is something like "100 Heirloom Tomatoes". Carolyn feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I'm at work and I normally don't read the cover. Although there is some other good ones. It also matters what you want.

o

I concur with Elkwc.

Here is a link that might be useful: 100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Gardner

o

Carolyn's book in my favorite tomato book. "Attack of The Giant Killer Tomatoes" is my favorite tomato movie. :D

John

o

The best tomatoe book is a free one. It doesn't have pictures, but is a seed catalogue out of Iowa by Glenn Drowns or Sand Hill Preservation Center. His descriptions are not flowery, but Mr. Drowns has hundreds of varieties and does more for tomatoes and other heirlooms than everyone combined here.
An order helps him and helps tomatoes and as Paul Harvey once said of why a child loved reading, "It was the pictures the words painted in the mind".
So I vote for a seed catalogue as it is free, the tomatoes entice and unlike books these are tomatoes which will come out and play with you in your garden for real as they want to be friends.

o

As mentioned, Carolyn Male's book is all you need. Best I've come across and great pics too. You can also learn alot just by visiting this site and reading or asking questions throughout the season.

gardenboy

o

Giant tomatoes by Marvin H. Meisner

The Great Tomato Book by Gary Ibsen and Joan Nielsen

o

The best gardening book ever, THE JOY OF GARDENING BY DICK RAYMOND.Google it.

o

livingston and the tomato by a.w. livingston.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here