Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ticodxb

organic insecticide.. can I spray directly on tomatoes?

ticodxb
13 years ago

Hello, when I first posted when my plants were first planted in their final pots, I was told I had leaf miners on my tomato plants.

I had originally bought an organic pesticide named "pyrol", which is made with natural plant oils.

I sprayed the plant once and then looked up online more about leaf miners and learned that the plant can survive with leaf miners so I didn't spray again.

Now that I have tomatoes on the plants, today I was looking closely and there are tiny black flies on the tomatoes. I will post pics at the end of the post.

they don't think they look like fruit flies to me and they don't look like leaf miner flies. The leaf miner flies that were on my leaves all the time looked like teeny tiny bees (they had yellow and black stripes on their bodies) so I know these are a different type of flies on my tomatoes.

can I spray the tomatoes directly with the insecticide? if its not ok, would spraying the foliage while trying to avoid the tomatoes themselves be enough to deter them?

{{gwi:1314000}}

{{gwi:1314004}}

P.S. this is way off topic but for those who are interested and haven't heard about it, there is a live cam on an eagle nest and so far one egg has hatched and two more to go!

http://raptorresource.org/falcon_cams/index.html

Comments (2)