Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeffnicolaysen

Thanking Dave

JeffNicolaysen
11 years ago

I am new here but wanted to thank Dave. He has been very helpful along with others in helping me this season.

Comments (17)

• noinwi
    11 years ago

IMHO Dave(digdirt)is absolutely the best! There are many, many helpful members here but Dave never fails to give great advice, point people in the right direction, and ask the right questions to get to the bottom of a problem. He does it over and over and politely, I might add. Others get frustrated when the same questions are asked again and again, but Dave is always there to help.
    So yes, I too, would like to give Dave a long overdue "Thank you!".

• digdirt2
    11 years ago

There are many folks who take the time to contribute on a regular basis here, some far more knowledgeable than I am. But I do sincerely thank you for the kind words. They are appreciated.

It is always great when we hear back from folks who have been helped by all the info stockpiled here.

Happy Gardening!

Dave

• ditnc
    11 years ago

I agree and also want to thank Dave. I haven't posted here much recently, but Dave helped me out greatly over the past few years when I first started out. I always looked forward to Dave's responses (still look for his posts, too), and have learned so much from him. Thanks Dave!

• sumith2008
    10 years ago

Digdirt was my Tomato Mentor. While he may not know me or remember me - I learned a great deal from him. I was asking about you on Tville and was told you only hang out here. Glad to see your still helping everyone!

• suncitylinda
    10 years ago

Yes, there are others who contribute often, but it seems Dave is the one who always takes the time to respond especially when a situation has gone unanswered. I really cant imagine how many newbie tomato growers have benefited from his vast knowlege. I certainly have!

• kevinitis
    10 years ago

I agree, Thanks Dave!

• lycomania
    10 years ago

I would also like to express my immense appreciation for Dave's posts and the knowledge and caring behind them. Thank you, Dave!!

• carolyn137
    10 years ago

Digdirt was my Tomato Mentor. While he may not know me or remember me - I learned a great deal from him. I was asking about you on Tville and was told you only hang out here. Glad to see your still helping everyone!

&&&&&&

I remember that and I think I was the one who answred you.

In 2006 there was a mass exodus from this site for reasons I won't go into. I'm one of a few who still checks in every day, but after spedning many years in the trenches of the Pest and Disease Forum, as Jean and others here can attest to, and answering all the questions Ihoped would help, here in this Discussion Forum, I decided to let others answer most and try to limit myself to questions about specific varieties, tomato ihistories and the like.

I've been offline since last week, as I think Imentioned to Betsy in the BER thread, all looks better now after two chats with two gentlemen from India and four e-mails from Japan, so I guess Verizon modems are made in Japan and they tried fixing my modem from afar.

And yes, the e-mails were in Japanses and I don't read Japanese but I guess the modem does. ( smile)

Carolyn

• lucillle
    9 years ago

Great thread. Thank you, Dave.

• hoosier40 6a Southern IN
    9 years ago

Ditto. A big thanks to Dave and Carolyn for all they do.

• digdirt2
    9 years ago

Thank all. Appreciate it.

Dave

• themilkdud05
    9 years ago

New to the forum and I have already learned to appreciate his input thank you sir!

• rbreedi1
    9 years ago

I am new to gardening as well and Dave has been a tremendous help to me in answering many of my questions! Thanks Dave!!

• ncrealestateguy
    9 years ago

This is about the only thread that Seyoson has not posted in...
    just having fun.

• CaraRose
    9 years ago

I love watching Dave and Seyoson debate in threads ;) I learn a ton from those threads.

• FrancoiseFromAix
    9 years ago

I also want to thank Dave and many of you guys who post here.

After having sold my condo I now live in the country and wanted to plant 3 or 4 tomatoes bought from a store.

Just reading you guys contaminated me with the TPV, Tomatoe Passion Virus, and I started 210 tomato plants from seeds.

Up to now 50 survived and my 1st stupice is about to be ripe.

All this is thanks to Dave and you guys.

So yes, thank you, not only for the tomatoes I'm gonna eat, but above all for the fun of it, and the good brain training that goes with reading you, learning about something new, trying to understand the scientific links posted around.

I'm really extremely grateful for the time and energy you spend around here sharing your knowledge.

You've opened a whole new world to me, that I knew nothing about, a world that revolves around tomatoes ! And there are discoveries every day, it's really great !

• flowerwoman_gw z6 KS
    9 years ago

Hello, I can absolutely "ditto" what Francoise said. I love her term for my malady......TPV! A friend and I share the passion, both of us newbies. I can't tell you how many times I have related a "little know fact" to her followed by "Dig dirt says" or Carolyn says! How fortunate we are to have their expertise here. Thanks so much to both of you and thanks too to the other newbies, without the questions, we may not get the answers!

I grew 120 darlings from seed and planted 23 for myself. My Sophie's Choice will be my early winner. Smile!!

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County