Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planter tomato suggestions, please?

Posted by missemerald 7 (Virginia) (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 7, 12 at 20:54

I have one of those upside down planters (not the plastic bag kind) and want to plant tomatoes in it this year. This is in addition to the ones that I will have in the garden. Anyway, I have had varying degrees of success the last two years. Two years ago, the plants died. Last year, the plants that I bought that were labeled "Patio" weren't and got too leggy for the planter. Does anyone have a suggestion of what kind of tomatoes that I can put in this upside down planter on my deck? It will hold 4 plants. THANKS!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planter tomato suggestions, please?

Honestly the problem is the planter, not the tomato variety. It is an idea that just doesn't work. Would you consider using it for some nice flowers instead?

If not, try one of the dwarf varieties like New Big Dwarf.

Dave

o
RE: Planter tomato suggestions, please?

Dave, I have thought of using the planter for flowers or whatever but I guess I'm just stubborn. I just keep hoping to find some veggie that works in the durned thing... "Patio" sure didn't. (That's also why most of my tomatoes are in the garden, cause if they were only on the deck I wouldn't get many!) My youngest loves to see the tomatoes growing on the deck too, so I'll keep trying... thanks!

Marcy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here