Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Caspian pink and curling leaves

Posted by socalgal USDA z10 Sunset z24, (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 21:32

Two out of 15 of my tomato plants have leaves that are curling (upwards, sides curling towards the middle) and both of them are Caspian Pink. One has been in the ground for 2 weeks, the other is still in a pot awaiting planting. Otherwise they look healthy, nice green leaves, growing, starting to bloom. I'm hoping it is just physiological. Is Caspian more likely to curl than some others?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Caspian pink and curling leaves

I think some tomato varieties are prone to that kind of curling.
I had a Black Krim last year that it was the same way. I did make an internet serch and I found a lot of pictures on BK with similar curling.

Here is a sample picture.

o

Hmm I have no idea. I am new to gardening Socalgal but I have Caspian pinks too....Maybe my pics will just confirm what you see?

This post was edited by suvoth on Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 18:39

o

Another

o

i think it just the type of tomato plant.... i had indigo rose last year did the same thing. just cut them off as long as all the new growth looks good..

o

• Posted by socalgal USDA z10 Sunset z24, (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 21:48

Suvoth, mine don't look like that. The sides curl towards the center.

Boston 3381, the new growth is also curling.

I guess I'll just see what happens as the season progresses.

o

Hmm well best of luck!

o

can you post a pic of the top half of the plant ?

dose this plant get sun and afternoon shade ? looks like you have some shade there,

o

I am having the same thing happen to one of my beefsteaks, we call it Frankenbush..lol..it's strange cause it's only the one plant out of 3, and from the start it has been darker green then the others, and has branched out at 3 times the rate of the others. Here is a pic, I'm new to this too and have been looking on line for what it is but haven't found it yet...

Happy growing,
Bruce

P.S.
on a side note how do you post more then one pic at a time?

o

sorry about the double post..

This post was edited by Bruce74 on Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 10:27

o

my guess is that your Frankenbush is different then the other two plants. a out cast seed got into your pack of seeds.. :)

o

Boston, I was kinda thinking the same thing, I'm sure it happens from time to time. I'm just not sure if that would explain the twisting leaves...

However the changes I have made this week seem to have helped, I changed to a stronger mix of the nutrients, and switched to the H.P.S. bulb. I changed the light yesterday, but today they look better...Not sure if related or just luck...

Thanks for the reply, and Happy growing,

Bruce

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here