Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help ID-ing problems with tomatoes?

Posted by cenesia none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 22:26

Hello All,

I have a Mr. Stripey variety that I planted in Feb 2012 his year. It has many blossoms but none have shown signs of fruiting. I'm wondering if this has something to do with any disease my tomato plant might have. I noticed the lower end of the plant has some brown spots and some have curled. Pictures below. Can anyone help identify what type of disease these are and what type of fungicidal (if it's indeed fungus) can be used to cure them?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks all, hope I can cure whatever the disease may be... :(

Cenesia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help ID-ing problems with tomatoes?

The odds greatly favor growing conditions, not disease. Disease is the last option to be explored. So we need to know where you are located - I assume way south since you planted out so early - and if these plants are in the ground or in containers. We need to know what mix is in the containers, what fertilizer you use, how often you water, how big the containers are, any pest problems, etc. In other words, much more information please.

Dave

o
RE: Help ID-ing problems with tomatoes?

Sorry, I should've included more information. So here it is: I'm in southern California, zone 10. This plant was planted in a 7 gallon container, and is put out on our rooftop deck where it gets full sun about 6 hrs/day, sometimes even more. I planted it in a container with Ocean Frost potting soil, and I applied Dr. Earth tom, veg, herb fertilizer only once when I planted it in Feb of this year. I water every other day, or when the soil looks dry, I water thoroughly as I read that's the best way to water these tomato plants. I water in the morning before going to work, and I also adjust for rain (which hasn't happened that often, but it has rained pretty hard for a day or so, within the past couple weeks).

Hope that helps! :) Thanks!

Cenesia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here