Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellowing leaves with black spots

Posted by melissaca 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 4, 11 at 22:39

Hi, this is my third year gardening tomatoes. I've had pretty decent success for being such a newb. This weekend I'll be planting my tomatoes (all transplants bought from my local nursery & tomatomania festival). But this year I've already had to toss one transplant because it had wrinkly gray patches on the leaves. And now I'm wondering if I should toss this one as well (see attached pics). Some of the leaves are yellowing with small black spots. It also looks skinny & generally unhealthy. I'm so weary of diseases and just don't want them to spread to my other plants. Each year my garden has gotten killed by different diseases. I'm sure this year will be no different, but this is too early! thoughts on what this could be?

Neves Azorean Red

Hopefully i'm copying this link properly...

Thanks for any insights!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellowing leaves with black spots

If you spray them with Daconil Fungicide when they are at 3",6",12" and after they are planted in their permanent location you will not have this kind of problem.

o
RE: Yellowing leaves with black spots

Yellowing leaves with black spots on tomotoes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here