Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissaca_gw

Black From Tula, Stunted/Small Leaves?

melissaca_gw
13 years ago

Hi -- I have 11 tomato plants, 6 in the ground and 5 in containers. They were all planted between March 15 and April 10. They all seem to be doing well (although this is only my second year planting tomatoes...), but something seems to be wrong with my Black From Tula plant. I am so worried it has some sort of disease that I am thinking about getting rid of it ASAP. Should I?

Pics are below. While my other plants are growing well, this one seems stunted, thin, wispy with super small leaves. It has two tomatoes, but neither seem to be growing. It was my first to be planted (March 15).

I have it in Dr. Earth's potting mix with a few handfuls of compost. Since planting I have fertilized it 2 times with Dr. Earth's tomato/vegetable fertilizer. It was a cool, rainy spring here (Los Angeles), and the plant has been watered once/twice a week -- either from the rain or my hose.

Gnats have been a problem, and there seem to be tons in this plant in particular. Are they eating away at the roots? Killing my plant? Or, do I have something more serious? Last year I had a mystery virus/disease/insect that slowly killed my plants, so this year I'm not messing around!

Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville