Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Stress or disease?

2ajsmama
10 years ago

I had these tomatoes outside hardening off since Mother's Day, would take them in at night (others stayed in garage but I didn't have enough room on table for all so some including these Brandywines came back into house). Then the cold snap came, these have been inside since Wed night. Others came in Friday evening and got crowded in with these on my shelves. Not enough grow lights and even in front of window Sat was gloomy and rained all day. Taller ones on top shelf brought in from garage look fine. Others from garage on lower shelves by themselves look fine. But these started looking like this Sunday.

So there are 2 problems. First, the twisting. Then, the drooping discolor end petioles.

I noticed lighter scaly patches on some petioles (various plants, not just these BWs) while they were outside in bright sun, figured it was scald. Now I'm not sure, since some of the Cherokee Purples with this "sunburn" have started dropping their leaves. The CP also have the problem of overwatering though so it may be unrelated.

So, will these BWs and CPs recover once I can get them back outside? I still need to finish hardening them off - none of my plants have been out in the sun since Wed, and these particular plants haven't even experienced any cool nights yet.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living