Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wisgrow

Planting with T-Storms in the Forecast

WisGrow
10 years ago

Hardening off my toms this week so they can move into the garden this weekend, however, the forecast for the next week is full of "chance of thunderstorms". Would love this forecast if they had already been in the ground for a week or two, but a bit concerned since they will be newly planted. Any advice on whether to consider waiting another week or if I should be prepping to protect them in some manner if the weather does become severe? Or am I over-thinking it?

Other relevant info: I'm a newbie at this, first time starting from seed, and thanks to this forum have 60 plants doing well so far. 20 of them are 1'-2' size so don't want to wait another week to plant them, although I understand these are the ones that are at greater risk of being damaged in a storm. The other 40 are at the more preferred 6"-8" size, so a thought is that I could wait another week to plant some of these in case the weather or something else were to damage the larger plants.

Temps are to be lows in the 50's and highs in the 70's for the upcoming week, which is good.

Gary

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH