Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this plant? PICS *

Posted by rickcef 10 (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 9:51

I planted this "gold rush" about a week ago. The plant has taken off, but the leaves have some weird spots on them... and it seems to be spreading!

The pictures are attached below with the link.

If you have trouble seeing them plz let me know! any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this plant? PICS *

rickcef, I cannot get the pics to pull up.

o

rickcef, the address of your link appears to be Yahoo's email. Unfortunately we can't see anything from an email account. What you can do is to post a photo from your hard drive onto Photobucket, a free picture-hosting site (or a similar site like flickr), and then post it here.

Here's are some detailed instructions, courtesy of the Hosta forum:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hosta/msg0513322013993.html?14

If that doesn't work, you can look at these photos of tomato leaf problems:
Cornell's page on tomato leaf symptoms

Good luck.

o

Photobucket

o

Photobucket

o

It is randomized over the plant which usually indicates pest activity. Pests such as leaf miner flies laying eggs or aphids or spider mites.

I would examine the plant very carefully for signs of any pests and removes ASAP all of the affected leaves and dispose of them carefully. Then monitor the rest of the plant for further developments.

One other slim possibility but cannot tell from the pics is the very early stages of disease, most likely Bacterial Spot, but I would expect to see more leaves involved if that. Still if it continues to develop I'd do some research in BS treatments.

Dave

o

Environmental stress, even though for a brief time.

Ran short of water -- perhaps excess heat but not direct light; perhaps more breezy than usual; perhaps a combo.

The key diagnostic point is that the damage is in the areas at the end of the water supply -- between the veins.

o

thanks for the help! I will keep ya updated with new pics and see if the condition improves/declines.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here