Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladon_gw

Sharing some success this year...

ladon
11 years ago

...This is the first year since I've been on this forum that my plants are doing AMAZING!! Some are 8' tall already, and loaded with fruit...and it's only May. Thanks to this forum for all the advice I've gotten over the years. I'm usually posting about all the things I've done wrong and am trying to rescue. Just thought I'd share some success pix, for a change. LOL!

FYI, I planted 2 months earlier than usual this year due to the unseasonably warm weather we had in February. I figured if it got cold again and i lost some plants it was still early enough to start again. So I went for it...and it worked, even with temps that dipped into the low 40's for a few nights. I also raised my beds this year by 14 inches. My plants are in the ground along the perimeter of the house, so I have to maximize the ground space that I have. That and a few containers too. Oh...and in the interest of full disclosure, I chose to use daconil this year too. I've lost my crop by the end of August every year, and I thought I'd give it a try this year. I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding it, but I've weighed my options and decided to go for it this year. I want my plants to survive past August.

Thanks everyone for all your tips through the years. Happy growing!!

Don

Comments (4)