Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisuburbangrdn7

NorthEast (LI) dampness

Anyone else having too much water in the northeast. Ive got classic overwatering going on with all of my tomatoes in raised beds and in ground. Hopefully this rain will stop for a few days and let me dry out

Comments (3)

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    9 years ago

We'll get a break Sunday-monday. Mine are not in yet but the garage door is open with a few fans going...a soaked corner of the soggy garage. My toms have been out in all the rain and very happy but they are getting some of the fan air to dry out a bit.

• 2ajsmama
    9 years ago

Glad I took mine into garage Wed night. Didn't get much rain yesterday (could have gone back out), but boy it poured when we were coming home from DD's science fair last night! I spent yesterday watering multiple trays of tomatoes and peppers (that are still in the house and getting rootbound b/c I have no more small pots until the tomatoes are in the ground!).

Still in garage today with the 2 western doors and 1 northfacing open (plus east window). Hope to move them back outside in the morning but not worth it today with scattered T-storms tonight.

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    9 years ago

I left a few soldiers, good and strong, not leggy, out in all this past weeks weather.
    Tucked into some rocks to prevent tipping the cups. Happier than ever...
    But if i had some leggy ones waiting to go in the ground, as one tray is, protecting is best.
    I left the rest under the eaves.
    Only flattened the tulips.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia