Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
senorbuenamano

no tomato growth post transplant

SenorBuenaMano
10 years ago

Hello. I have a question regarding my 2 week post transplant tomato plant grown from seed. It is a Black Krim variety and has been sprouted for 1 month now and transplanted, like i said, 2 weeks ago into the ground. I amended the soil pre-transplant with organic fertilizers(N bat guano, Bone meal, Sul Po Mag for K, mykos mycorrhizae, azomite, humic acid, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, and worm castings.
Now my question is because I have a mortgage lifter tomato planted right beside my Black Krim that is struggling, they are spaced apart by 4 feet, so plenty of space, and yet the mortgage lifter has been growing like a champion ever since transplant. Now the soil they are in is exactly the same with all the same amendments because i amended it all the same. They were also planted the exact same way. Everything was done identically the same to each plant. The only difference is the variety of tomato.
Now i would include a picture, but I can describe it just as easily. My struggling Black Krim looks fine, other than the leaves seem to be canoeing a bit (leaf edges curled upwards like a canoe shape) and it has not grown since transplanted. (was transplanted when 3.5 inches tall and 1st set of true leaves developed to about 2 inches long.
Thank you for any input or advice or solution you may provide me. It is greatly appreciated!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Koura Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Virginia's Top Choice for Reliable General Contractors