Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
In ground toms not looking as good...pics

Posted by srg215 (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 12:28

Why do my container tomato plants look so much better than the in ground plants? The ones in the ground are taller but sparser. They were transplanted about 2 weeks ago. I just fertilized yesterday and used diluted fish emulsion. We are in zone 6b in northern nj.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: In ground toms not looking as good...pics

A whole lot of things might be in play for the reason why, but the most probable is simple transplantation stress. To be honest, to me those tomatoes in ground look nice and healthy and i don't think there's anything to worry about :) That been said, there might be something that we are simply not seeing in the pictures. If you want to make sure, make a close-up photo of affected leaf or w/e it is that worries you.

Cheers,
Djole

o

Maybe soil temps, better soil? The black pots would make it warmer and most likely have better soil. They both look great to me!

o

I think they all look great! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here