Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christacharlene

Zeke Dishman Tomato

christacharlene
10 years ago

I am planting Zeke Dishman Tomato plants this year for the first time. I am just wondering if anybody else had planted this variety and were you happy with the outcome?
Were the yields good, how late in the season were your tomatoes ready to pick, etc? I do realize there are a lot of variables (weather, location, diseases).

I chose this variety because they are from Wayne County, Ky and that is where my family is from (not me but my mom and grandmother). I am nostalgic like that. I hope they do great :). Thanks for any opinions and info.

Comments (5)

• digdirt2
    10 years ago

Never heard of it before so be sure to report back on how it performs.

Dave

• carolyn137
    10 years ago

I recognized the name but not more so linked toTania's page for it below.

If you click on Seed Availability there are two places offering seed for 2013, Blue Ribbon Seeds and Maria is in KY,where this variety is from, and Delectationof tomatoes.

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Zeke Dishman

• christacharlene
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I ordered my seeds from Blue Ribbon. I am actually in the process of hardening them off now. I guess there isn't a lot of info available for them yet. Thanks for the link :).

This post was edited by Christacharlene on Fri, May 3, 13 at 0:07

• digdirt2
    10 years ago

Neat name. if they do well are you going to save seeds?

Dave

• christacharlene
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes and I have a few saved in the fridge just in case they do not do well this year. I like to give plants a couple of chances before I decide I don't like them.

This post was edited by Christacharlene on Fri, May 3, 13 at 13:31