Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dr. Wyche - No Blossoms

Posted by ZoeCat17 z7a MD (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 12 at 14:33

Novice tomato-gardener here -

Of my six different varieties of tomato plants, only the Dr. Wyche haven't yet gotten blossoms on them, though the plants are beautiful and healthy. They've grown at about the same rate as the other varieties. All of my vines were planted at the same time in raised beds and I feed every other week with Tomato-tone.

Dr. Wyche is supposed to be 80 days, but so is Boxcar Willie and it has blossoms, as do my various plum types. Do the bigger beefsteaks just take longer to blossom?

Perhaps the right answer is patience, but I wanted to check. :)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dr. Wyche - No Blossoms

Your Dr. Wyche will put out blossoms when it's ready, so:

Patience is a virtue
Find it if you can
You'll find it in woman
But seldom in a man..

... so said my Swedish grandmother.

Now you can change woman to man in the third line and change man to woman in the last line, if you wish. LOL

Carolyn

o
RE: Dr. Wyche - No Blossoms

• Posted by bets z6A ID (My Page) on
    Mon, May 28, 12 at 18:19

DTM is short for Days to Maturity. It is an ESTIMATE of how long it takes to get ripe tomatoes, or any other produce, from the time you transplant the tomato or other plant, or plant the seeds in the garden.

I've had as much as two weeks difference from the listed DTM in the same variety in the same garden but different years, and even quite a bit of variation in different plants in the same year. As Carolyn indicated, ya just gotta wait it out.

Betsy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here