Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cabbage loopers....

Posted by ReedBaize 7 (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 14:52

Got a few of these on one of my plants. Have some DiPel dust and will be hitting it with that. Should that be all I need to do, aside from observing the others? Should I hit them all?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cabbage loopers....

Hmmm loopers on tomato plants? They must have gotten lost on their way to the cole crops. :)

I'd suggest that in fact they may be very young tomato hornworms as they look almost identical when very small and it is hornworm hatching time.

Dipel is usually sufficient and yes, assuming they are hornworms, then dusting all the plants would be a good move.

Dave

o
RE: Cabbage loopers....

They're loopers for sure. I've watched their locomotion and they have the "inch worm" movement, which I do not believe hornworms have. Regardless, I'm going to dust all the plants. Thanks for chiming in!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here