Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catsgurleygirl

Not sure where to go from here....Jersey Giants

catsgurleygirl
9 years ago

Hello, I live in Memphis, TN which is zone 7 and it's a very hot and humid climate. That being said, we had a very cold winter, and spring has been a little cool as well. I made the mistake of starting our seeds very early, and had to pot up a couple of times-plants did get a little rebound, and they did dry out a few times as well. Anyway, we planted our tomato plants a few weeks ago, and I'm just not sure what's going on with them. I fertilized them one time with a miracle grow all-purpose that I had on hand about 7-10 days ago. They get about six hours of sunlight per day maybe a little bit more. The tomato plants that are behind them are stockier and greener and were started at a the same time but are different variety. Our beds are raised beds, and they are 16 inches tall with probably a good 6 to 8 inches of torn up leaves that had started decomposing on the very bottom, and a "pro mix" that we bought from the nursery by the truckload. They just seem rather tall and spindly which I just don't think it's a light issue at all because our other tomatoes get less light and are doing better. Yesterday I fertilized with a tomato food by miracle grow, and then I also put down some Epsoma Garden Tone fertilizer and watered it in. I didn't wanted to dig it into the dirt because we put mulch down and I didn't want to dig the mulch into the dirt. Anyway, that's about all the information I know to give. I welcome any suggestions or comments. Thanks so much!

Amanda

Comments (2)