Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
qaguy

Somebody named Mary emailed me about my cages

qaguy
10 years ago

Unfortunately, she has chosen not to reveal his or her email address.

Kinda hard to reply to her.

Mary, if you're out there reset your preferences to
receive emails.

Comments (5)

• mjhuntingtonbeach
    10 years ago

I am not sure how you are managing to repost this obnoxious message at the top of all the messages day after day. I don't give a rat's a** about you and your issues with Mary. PLEASE STOP!!!

• cbadcali
    10 years ago

Uh oh. Somebody took the grumpy pill. It was posted at the top each day because if no one answers it, it just stays at the top! Your reply was quite a bit over the top if you ask me. I don't know Mary, or the original poster but your response was way out of line. Happy Mothers Day.

• sjetski
    10 years ago

cbadcali is right, it is not being reposted. Topics stay at the top when they are not responded to.

mjhuntingtonbeach, we all have our days, but in light of the facts, an apology may be in order.

• angela12345
    10 years ago

The message you are seeing at the bottom of the email (PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email) only means that you are not able to respond by clicking reply within your email account. However, there is a way to send them a response ... go to their 'My Page' and respond to them from there. Neither of you has to unblock your email address.

You do not have to respond via email. If they are set up to be able to receive email, you can respond to them from their My Page the same way they emailed you.

Finding a member 'My Page' ... http://members.gardenweb.com/members/search.cgi
    I believe it IS upper or lower case sensitive

GETTING EMAILS SENT TO YOU ... 3 Step process
    1. Be sure you have a valid/current email address in your profile
    2. In your profile, be sure you have the "Allow other users to send you email via forms at our site." box checked (at the bottom of the profile page)
    3. When posting to a thread, be sure to check the box labeled "Check here if you would like copies of follow-ups to your message emailed to you" when you submit your post. (Below the "Message" box)
    CLICK "save your member profile" button

You also have the choice to have your email address revealed or not revealed in your settings.

I noticed something that made me change my settings ... When you email someone, if they have their email revealed, GW will automatically show you the person's email address. Just in case any spammers ever come trying to harvest email addresses, I thought it would be a good idea to change my settings. Because I use my real, work email address in GW, not a fake throwaway address. Click the first link below and you will see an example of how you can see that person's email address. Typically, when I send a private message to someone using GW, I include my email address in the body of the message, so they can respond without having to search me out using My Page. But I can still keep my email address private within my settings.

I have sent a suggestion asking GW to make this message that appears at the bottom of the email more clear, because it is very confusing how they have it worded. You can send a suggestion too ...
    Here ... http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?action=public_profile&user=/gwtamara
    or here ... http://letters.gardenweb.com/letters/nph-ind.cgi

• Bets
    10 years ago

Angela,

What you have said is true, to an extent. But some people have their accounts set up so that no one can email them.

Qaguy has been on GW long enough that I am sure he is familiar with going to someone's page to email them, so I am sure he tried to do that and "Mary" isn't set up to receive emails from anyone.

Betsy

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County