Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kgolomb

Leaves suddenly turning dark from the tips inward

kgolomb
10 years ago

Hi all,

My plants survived the wilty/curly/twisty weirdness I was having problems with and have been thriving since I hardened them off. It's still too cool at night to plant in the garden and they are getting rather big for their pots but have been doing great. Today I checked on them and found that some of them are turning very dark from the tips inward. The darkest leaves seem a little dry to the touch. Not all the plants are getting dark but it is happening to all three varieties. Perhaps it is unrelated but something ate a couple of leaves clear off only one of the plants and there are about ten million tiny sugar ants on the patio where I had them (I've since moved them to an ant free zone).

Should I be concerned? Isolate the problem children?

It's been pretty warm here lately but we had some rain yesterday and this morning and they got dark after the rain. I'm thinking I should get on with transplanting them to get them out of the small pots. I only plant a handful so covering them isn't a problem if it gets too cool but if this is a sign of disease I don't want to plant them for nothing.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area