Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zone 7 NC Gardeners - maters yet?

Posted by ditnc 7 NC (My Page) on
Mon, May 31, 10 at 19:38

I wish there was a NC forum on GW.

For those of you growing tomatoes, do you have little green baby tomatoes yet?

I have a bunch of babies on my Amish Paste, 2 on my Kellogg's Breakfast and then flowers on the rest (BW, Roma, Ark Trav, Cherokee Purple). I also have a cool dwarf variety that "Tomatoman" gave me - it is in a container and has flowers.

How are your tomatoes doing?

I can't wait to eat some tomatoes!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zone 7 NC Gardeners - maters yet?

I'm not in NC but in TN in zone 7... My tomato plants all have grown baby green tomatoes on them within the last few days. My early girls are about 2 weeks from having ripe tomatoes on them. I can't wait either!

o

Hi ditnc! Yes, I've already eaten 3 Husky Reds, and should have a Big Beef pretty soon! There are babies and flowers on all the rest.

Here's a link to the Gardening in the Carolinas forum on GW.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening in the Carolinas forum

o

Yes! I have big green ones! They should be ripe in 2 or 3 weeks!

o

Little green babies on German Johnson and lots of flowers on my other 20 varieties!

Can't wait!!

o

I have a nice Purple Cherokee (and a baby one starting), around 9 Grape Cherry. My German Johnson plant and Early girl both have a lot of flowers now but no tomatoes yet that I've noticed.

o

I live on Hatteras Island, I have some Cherokee Purple tomatoes turning red, but I'm growing them hydroponically.
Check out my blog link below for details.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is a link that might be useful: The Greene Tomato

o

Will pick Stupice this week. Others are about 2 weeks behind. All my plants are putting on very heavy but Goose Creek seems to be out doing the others.

o

Picked our first SunSugars yesterday. These were in Wall-O-Waters initially. Should start getting 4th of July in another week. These were also in W-O-W. The other plants are loaded with fruits. Need the rain to back off for a bit now and save some for summer. BTW, there is a Carolina Forum on GardenWeb. It is called "Gardening in the Carolinas", but is covers all phases of gardening, not just veggies.

o

My first Cherokee Purple is almost there!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Greene Tomato

o

I have large green tomatoes on Cherokee purple & Celebrity, medium green tomatoes on Black Krim, Nepal, Red Zebra, Green Zebra, and small green Sungolds. I think I will have some good maters before 4th of July this year. They all look great (knock on wood). Here is the link the Carolina Gardening forum.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/carolgard/
:)

o

All my plants have flowers and tomatos, some bigger than others.. I think Mr Stripey is the only one without fruit yet, but plenty of flowers.. I have probably 10 cherry tomato varieties that have tons of fruit already and they are my best looking plants.. all but 1 of these came up as volunteers from last years plants. I am growing Brandywine, Mtn Pride, Sweet 100 Cherry, Pineapple, Mr Stripey and Early Girl..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here