Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rowlander

problems with tomato seedlings - fungus or stress?

rowlander
9 years ago

I'm a newbie and having problems with my tomatoes. I've searched forum after forum but can't get what I feel is a definitive answer.
I started tomatoes from seed and just put them outside 10 days ago. They are heirlooms. At the time of planting, the lower leaves were "crispy" around some of the tips, some were falling off. I thought the reason my be lack of fertilizer or light and assumed they would recover once outside. I hardened them off over the course of a week. They are planted in self watering planters sold by Gardener's Supply in the organic self-watering soil. It's new soil. I fertilized them with the fertilizer sold from Gardener's Supply. As shown in the photos, the leaves at the bottoms of the plants continue to brown. We have recieved a lot of rain, could this be overwatering, stress, or some fungus/blight? Would you treat these tomatoes with anything at this point or see if they pull through without? Any help you experts can provide would be appreciated. Some of the seedlings that have not been planted (still in the small planting pots) look better than those I have planted.

Here is a link that might be useful: tomatoes

Comments (3)