Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato pics

Posted by Djole none (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 21:31

Here's the plot/garden i've mentioned earlier and asked for advice. 99 toms in the ground ATM, mostly sungolds and suncherry premiums, along with a few black russians, costoluto genoveses, tigerellas, brutuses, super marmandes and gardeners delights ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomatoes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato pics

I see your using stakes... does that mean you have to go around and pinch off all the suckers from 99 plants?
That would be a lot of work.... daily!

o

I make a tour around every 2-3 days. I need to inspect them regularly anyways (for septoria and other pests/diseases) so i pinch them off along the way.

o

Wow the plants look great! Keep up the good work ( and keep the pests away )

o

• Posted by bets z6A ID (My Page) on
    Fri, May 11, 12 at 13:05

Wow! Djole, you are going to be up to your ears in cherry tomatoes! How much sun does your garden get each day?

Betsy

o

Thank you for your comments, it means a lot to me :) it gets around 9 hours of sun at the moment, should be a bit more as the season progresses (more to do with the vertical position of the sun than the length of the day).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here