big beef
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
more flats

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tomato plant pictures

Lovely plants! Did you sow all of them on your own? I wish I had that much space! :^)

Abby

o

yes, I do all the seeding.

here are some 6" pots...

o

Wow! I saw the Pro-Mix BX bag. Is that what they are all growing in? Do you add anything else? And what are you feeding them????

Michelle

o

Very nice setup Timmy. Based on your photos, I bet you are a very busy gardener:0)

Jay

o

Awesome! Hey, what are those orange things hanging from the greenhouse? They dont look like poles and too thick for rope and support.

Also, growing in a bag, now that's using the brain. lol 1st time I heard of that.

o

To continue on Shellva's comment "BX w/ Microrise" are you see any benefit of the bacteria? Are you trying some new marketing strategy by growing directly in the bags?

Nice high tunnel. Looks like a vented heater tucked in one corner. Do you circulate air within the structure?

o

Wow, awesome...

o

Wow, your plants look incredibly healthy. Do you sell them all? Or keep the larger ones for your own production?

o

Wow! I saw the Pro-Mix BX bag. Is that what they are all growing in? Do you add anything else? And what are you feeding them????
Michelle

Yes, all pro-mix BX 2.8 loose fill and 3.8 bales.

In 100 gallons of water, 1/2 lb 4-18-38, 1/4 lb soultion grade calcium nitrate, 1/4 lb mag sulfate (epsom salts).

be sure to adjust pH to 6.4

Awesome! Hey, what are those orange things hanging from the greenhouse? They dont look like poles and too thick for rope and support.
Also, growing in a bag, now that's using the brain. lol 1st time I heard of that.

That is poly bailing twine for hay bailers. They are tied to #9 galv. wire that is attached at the endwalls and up to every hoop.

Yes, the plants in the bag are growing as good as the plants in the large pots. I just made some slits in the bottom for drainage.

To continue on Shellva's comment "BX w/ Microrise" are you see any benefit of the bacteria? Are you trying some new marketing strategy by growing directly in the bags?
Nice high tunnel. Looks like a vented heater tucked in one corner. Do you circulate air within the structure?

Yes, it's actually an inoculant for the bacteria. Very noticable difference growing lizianthus.

No new marketing strategy, just trying to save a step.

Yes, a #2 oil hot air furnace. I re-wired it to by-pass the limit switch. This way the circulation fan in the heater is running all the time when I have the switch "on".
During the day the sides are rolled up so there is plenty of air moving.

Wow, your plants look incredibly healthy. Do you sell them all? Or keep the larger ones for your own production?

I do both.

o

Great pics of great plants. Hey, how do get them to grow horizontally? LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here