6" stupice

804 of brandwine OTV

why not just plant them in the bag?

big beef

more flats

Comments (10)

• phantom_white
    16 years ago

Lovely plants! Did you sow all of them on your own? I wish I had that much space! :^)

Abby

• timmy1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

yes, I do all the seeding.

here are some 6" pots...

• shellva
    16 years ago

Wow! I saw the Pro-Mix BX bag. Is that what they are all growing in? Do you add anything else? And what are you feeding them????

Michelle

• brazosvalleygardener
    16 years ago

Very nice setup Timmy. Based on your photos, I bet you are a very busy gardener:0)

Jay

• naturalstuff
    16 years ago

Awesome! Hey, what are those orange things hanging from the greenhouse? They dont look like poles and too thick for rope and support.

Also, growing in a bag, now that's using the brain. lol 1st time I heard of that.

• barrie2m_(6a, central PA)
    16 years ago

To continue on Shellva's comment "BX w/ Microrise" are you see any benefit of the bacteria? Are you trying some new marketing strategy by growing directly in the bags?

Nice high tunnel. Looks like a vented heater tucked in one corner. Do you circulate air within the structure?

• deepsand
    16 years ago

Wow, awesome...

• novascotian
    16 years ago

Wow, your plants look incredibly healthy. Do you sell them all? Or keep the larger ones for your own production?

• timmy1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow! I saw the Pro-Mix BX bag. Is that what they are all growing in? Do you add anything else? And what are you feeding them????
    Michelle

Yes, all pro-mix BX 2.8 loose fill and 3.8 bales.

In 100 gallons of water, 1/2 lb 4-18-38, 1/4 lb soultion grade calcium nitrate, 1/4 lb mag sulfate (epsom salts).

be sure to adjust pH to 6.4

Awesome! Hey, what are those orange things hanging from the greenhouse? They dont look like poles and too thick for rope and support.
    Also, growing in a bag, now that's using the brain. lol 1st time I heard of that.

That is poly bailing twine for hay bailers. They are tied to #9 galv. wire that is attached at the endwalls and up to every hoop.

Yes, the plants in the bag are growing as good as the plants in the large pots. I just made some slits in the bottom for drainage.

To continue on Shellva's comment "BX w/ Microrise" are you see any benefit of the bacteria? Are you trying some new marketing strategy by growing directly in the bags?
    Nice high tunnel. Looks like a vented heater tucked in one corner. Do you circulate air within the structure?

Yes, it's actually an inoculant for the bacteria. Very noticable difference growing lizianthus.

No new marketing strategy, just trying to save a step.

Yes, a #2 oil hot air furnace. I re-wired it to by-pass the limit switch. This way the circulation fan in the heater is running all the time when I have the switch "on".
    During the day the sides are rolled up so there is plenty of air moving.

Wow, your plants look incredibly healthy. Do you sell them all? Or keep the larger ones for your own production?

I do both.

• ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    16 years ago

Great pics of great plants. Hey, how do get them to grow horizontally? LOL