Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tomato disease?

Posted by ajsmama 5b (NW CT) (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 12:01

Most of my transplants look OK - some dark purple leaves but I expect that with new transplants, some of the older leaves also have light spots on them (I'll try to get a pic later). But one of the larger ones (transplanted the same time as the others, just a couple of weeks ago, but started earlier by my cousin) had some yellowed leaves with brown spots. Wondering if this is the beginning of something bad, and I should pull the plant (though it has flowers, they'll probably drop in this heat).

Sorry, leaves were crammed in my jeans pocket underneath the potato leaves with late blight (?) - they weren't this wilted or shredded when they were on the plant. It does look like the flea beetles are moving over from the potatoes.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato disease?

I am new to gardening, but from what I have read the older leaves will turn yellow and eventually fall off. If the leaves that are yellow are from the older leaves then it's probably just normal. From all the pictures I have seen I do not think you have Blight or Septoria. I could possibly be wrong, but it looks like maybe just old leaves dying off.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here