Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
containerted

Free Spreadsheet - 1000 Toms/500Peppers

containerted
14 years ago

This is the final updated version that I am making available. It is an EXCEL spreadsheet that can be opened by any version of EXCEL from '98 to date.

This one also has a separate sheet with peppers. The pepper list is a compilation of variety names from a "favorite" pepper thread on this website and a couple of retail sites. It has some empty data cells to be filled in by you. If you go to Dave's Garden Plant Files and select peppers, you can look for additional data on the ones you like.

Many of the added tomatoes are from Europe - Mostly Russia. If you want a copy of this spreadsheet Emailed to you, then request it at the Email address below.

Email to: Tubmaters@aol.com.

I'll check this specially set up Email address at least twice daily to reply to requests with a copy of the file attached. Any Emails received at this address that are not requesting the file will be marked as SPAM.

Please use an Email address that can be replied to. Remember, I will "REPLY" to the email address your request is sent from - with the file attached.

I hope you will find this data useful.

Ted

Comments (18)

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

I sent you an e-mail and Thank you so much for making this available :)

Donna

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I sent you an e-mail requesting it also. =) I want to study up for next year. If it doesn't make it through our spam filter here, i'll re-send the request from my external e-mail.

- Steve

• johnny_tomato_seed
    14 years ago

Ted:

How about saving yourself some trouble. Post it on http://www.yousendit.com and just give the link here. It will then be available for 7 days for anyone to download.

• containerted
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Johnny, I'm a fan ol' Blue Eyes and I like to do it "MY WAY". I'm aware of several places that will accept the file and make it available, but none of them give me direct feedback. Here, in this mode, I get feedback on both how it is good, and also how I might make it better. 'Nuff said!!!!

Request rate is brisk. That makes me happy.

I would like to remind everyone that once you have your copy, you can add more toms and peppers to the two spreadsheets provided AND you can also add additional sheets to the file where you can keep other types of vegetables or ornamental plants. You can insert columns to keep additional data points YOU want.

Enjoy,

Ted

• johnny_tomato_seed
    14 years ago

Ted:

I didn't mean to offend you. I was just trying to help in case you get alot of request. I do realized afterwards that a week is not nearly enough time anyways. BTW, thanks to you, I have make a few 5 gallon SWC and they are doing great.

• organic_dusty
    14 years ago

what information is on the spreadsheet since I am new at this?

thank you,

dusty

• containerted
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Johnny, there's no problem - no offense meant and none taken. Glad to see you're getting into the 5 gallon mode for some varieties. I'm still making them for my Russian determinates. I really like the concept of total control of the growing medium.

And, dusty, if you are new to growing tomatoes and peppers, then you will find a wealth of information in the spreadsheet. It is truly meant for new growers like yourself. It lists tomatoes and peppers and what you might expect while growing a specific variety. It does not list all varieties, but lets you see that there's something else beyond the few varieties sold at the big box stores.

Ted

• Lcgrace Mahoney
    14 years ago

Thanks so much for posting info on the spreadsheet! I'll def be using this next year. My 20 x 40 garden has 15 types of tomatoes and 6 types of peppers...just a few of each in addition to the lettuce, cucs and other things. I'm on the search for the "perfect tomato sandwich" and making my own relish and salsa this year.

Next year will be much easier....after I figure out which tomatoes and peppers like to grow here! :) Thanks again! LcGrace

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Ted: Got it...thanks! =)

• containerted
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bump

• containerted
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lots of requests each day. I'm glad folks can use this.

Ted

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

It's more than just helpful, man. =) I don't think there's many (if any) better lists out there with all the information on yours. I plan on adding a tab for my personal results/data with each tomato type I grow.

- Steve

• containerted
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yeah, Steve. You are the perfect example of why I put it out for the general public.

IT'S ADAPTABLE.

Plus, I should emphasize that concerning the data within it, your results may vary slightly. :>)

Ted

• glchen
    14 years ago

Thanks, Ted. Just received it. Really useful.

Quick Q (and one I had from your other spreadsheet, too). What does the column "Bask Cont" for tomatoes mean? Does it mean you can grow it in Baskets or Containers? Thanks!

• containerted
    Original Author
    14 years ago

glchen, that's exactly right. The plant size will be small enough to allow you to use baskets or smaller containers (like 5 gallons) to grow the plant EASILY. My personal experience says that any tomato can be grown in a container of 15 gallons or more.

The smaller the container, the more often one must attend to the water needs of the plant.

Ted

• organic_dusty
    14 years ago

Thank you for the spreadsheet and I have already used my first column for entering this years mates and peps that we are growing such as (2009).
    Dusty

• containerted
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dusty, a column I keep on my working copy is how many seeds I am saving from this year's crop. I also have a count of how many seeds I already have from 2008 and before, and where/from whom I got them. It makes a great quick reference when seed trading time comes.

Ted

• containerted
    Original Author
    14 years ago

bump

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH