Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rev 3.3 New EarthTainer III Guide Now Available - June 23

Posted by rnewste 8b NorCal (rnewstead@aol.com) on
Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 13:41

The revised Rev 3.3 EarthTainer III Construction Guide is now available at this link:

http://earthtainer.tomatofest.com/pdfs/EarthTainer-Construction-Guide.pdf

The key addition is the option for the taller 76 inch cage from Burpee, versus the Gurney's 60 inch cage system. I've also simplified the cage mounting and removal process, as well as some other enhancements.

Photobucket
Four rung 32" Gurney's cage foreground; Five rung 40" Burpee base cage background

Photobucket

I recommend the Burpee cage over the Gurney's product as it is not only taller by 16 inches, but is made of a thicker gauge galvanized steel. The Gurney's cage is 9/64" while the Burpee cage is 10/64". While 1/64" may not sound like a lot, if you do the Math - - it is 11% thicker.

As most of my plants are growing even taller than the 76" cages, the increased strength of the Burpee model will be added comfort:

Photobucket
(Goose Creek foreground; Brandywine from Croatia background)

Raybo

Here is a link that might be useful: Rev 3.3 EarthTainer III Guide

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rev 3.3 New EarthTainer III Guide Now Available - June 23

Hi Raybo,
Is this the version showcased in the newspaper a few weeks ago? Can't tell from that picture.

o

bluebirdie,

I do not recall the EarthTainer newspaper article you reference. Can you point me to a link?

thanks,

Raybo

o

I'm interested in your growing boxes. Are you the one I saw on here with 24 of them? If not that is ok. Hubby and I are trying to grow tomatoes in a two bucket SWC and have killed one so far. Maybe because of too much drainage. Would love to know about your growing boxes!

o

Ray, I read it on the actual paper (Argus Newspaper Jun 10 2011 Home Garden ). But finally managed to find it online. It took me a while cuz I kept on spelling earthtainer wrong. Duh!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Garden: Vegetable gardening in containers

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here