Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Cosmonaut Volkov - how tall a support?

2ajsmama
10 years ago

As usual I overestimated my planting space when planning how many tomatoes I can fit in. I started at 2ft spacing for SuperSweet 100 (5) and Gardener's Delight (6) cherries, Grandma Mary's paste (and I planted 12 of those), Black Krim (4) and Cherokee Purple (6). Now I'm trying to squeeze in Sudduth Brandywine, Rutgers, Cosmonaut Volkov, Mark Twain (6), Cheeseman's (6) and Camp Joy (5) cherries - I'd like more than 8 of each of the first 3 but don't know if CV has to go along the trellis with the others, and how closely I can plant them.

I was thinking I could plant the CV in the open if I could use those flimsy tomato cages (I have them, use for peppers)?

I have a roll of CRW but I'm not sure I can persuade DH to cut and bend it for me. I do have T Posts I can use 1 per plant if needed (though if I *could* talk him into cutting the CRW for me we could just put up more trellis, another 20ft in the row where we put up the trellis last week would be enough and we'd only need 3 posts added to the line where we ran short of the partial roll of CRW).

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations