Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Legend Tomato

Posted by ABlindHog 8a Tx Hill Country (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 13:58

Picked my first Legend tomatoes a couple of days ago and they were not what I was expecting. Based on what I heard from you all, and from the information I was able to find, I expected determinate plants, early 8-10 oz fruit with unexceptional but balanced sweet and acid flavor and very few seeds. What I got was 80 day, 5-6 oz fruit that was sweet with almost no acidity. They contain at least an average amount of seeds and maybe more than average. About the only thing that was as expected was the determinate plants. I suspect a seed mix up but wanted to hear if anyone else had these results.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Legend Tomato

The first tomatoes don't always taste right, so I would wait until the next few show up to judge them. I have read somewhere that say Legend is a semi-determinate. I was thinking of growing Legend next year so let us know what you think of them later on. Thank you.

o
RE: First Legend Tomato

I am growing several Legends, for the first time this season. No fruits yet but I know they are DET, for sure.
I will report on the fruits when I get some.
OSU site has a full description on Legend. Its important characteristic is that it can set fruit both in cold weather and hot weather. Fruit size can definitely can vary and taste is more of a subjective thing. But nobody can say a sweet tomato is sour.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here