Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noyardyet

Is My Tomato Plant Dying?

NoYardYet
9 years ago

Please help...
I managed to keep a tomato plant, Gardener's Delight bought from a Tomatomania event, alive and it even grew 4x its original size in 2 months. But it might be dying?

I've searched and read A LOT of posts and now able to name the tomato superstars (Carolyn, Dave, somebody living near the coast, somebody with mama in username, a username I pronounced as 'season', etc.) and have learned when it comes to this condition, you all always ask for pictures, close ups preferred.

This thread looks to be maybe closest to my situation and Carolyn and Dave asked for a close up - I didn't want to highjack the thread so I thought I'd start my own in case the OP's leaves condition isn't the same after all:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tomato/msg050828057326.html?12

So here goes. As you can see, the bottom are curling, wilting, yellowing. A local nursery told me to pinch off the yellowing leaves, so I did that (pic1). Pic 2 shows how it starts: it'll curl with yellow spots. Pic 3 is the aftermath and Pic 4 is close up.

Question: Is my plant dying? Is it early blight? Is it fungus? Is it early wilt? I water 2x/week thoroughly, I fertilize with Jobe's 4-4-4 three times since April, I'm in zone 11 I think (Socal, 3 miles from the beach)

Comments (5)