Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown spots on tomato leaves (X-post)

Posted by pepperpierre (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 13, 09 at 15:25

I forgot there was a specific tomato forum, posted in the 'vegetables' room.

I have some brown spots on my tomato plants, which are overall quite happy. What do you recommend ? Here is the background
- I am in Mountain View, California, and they get quite a bit of sun, maybe even full sun.
- the plants are in pots, I used organic soil from a nearby nursery, compost, and organic fertilizer whose name I forgot.
- occasionally I've put a bit of miracle-grow. Most of the time I stay away from it, as it is not as much of a miracle as the name says.
- the plants produce plenty of flowers, and plenty of fruits are setting and growing.
- this year, I've not seen yet whiteflies or hornworms. I've had some snail attacks. And some poop from the birds that land on the tomato cages.

The leaves have brown spots, then they become yellow all over.

Below I put a picture of the pot with momotaro and the pot with celebrity. Any suggestion ? Are they missing an obvious nutrient ? Did the snails bring some disease ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown spots on tomato leaves (X-post)

Doesn't look nutritional to me, nor like a bug infestation. Could be fungal, but I don't get that much where I live in California. There must be a "my tomato leaves have yellow spots" FAQ somewhere, because it's common, and there are clues. Stuff like "wedge shaped", and "halos', and "bottom to top" vs "top to bottom". Maybe the tomato disease form?

o
How about this?

Tomato Disease Identification Key by Affected Plant Part: Leaf Symptoms

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato Disease Identification Key by Affected Plant Part: Leaf Symptoms

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here