Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moorlord

Quadruple mega-bloom

Moorlord
10 years ago

This thing is huge! I keep thinking "feed me Seymour!". Anyways I have quite a few of these hybrids and they all have many fused branches and fused buds. Some of the fused branches are as thick as my wrist and have to be individually supported, no joke. Every plant has had at least a couple mega-blooms I have been pinching them off but I want to see what comes out of this one.

Comments (11)

• Djole
    10 years ago

"I'll give you a few drops If that'll appease..."

• digdirt2
    10 years ago

What variety is it?

Dave

• jadie88
    10 years ago

Wow! You definitely need to keep us posted on that gnarly fella!

• Moorlord
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It's called Grandma's pick, I got the seed from territorial. The plants are doing quite well, loaded with fruit and they seem to be avoiding a lot of the problems my other plants are having, but they all have this weird trait of fusing. Ill keep you guys updated as to how this one turns out.

• tomahtohs
    10 years ago

I know it's kind of a side point, but I would really like to see a picture of these wrist-sized stems you talked about. That sounds incredible! (The thickest stems on my plants are a little bigger than my thumb - And I thought THAT was thick!)

• lgteacher
    10 years ago

Wow! The description says thy are a hybrid with heirloom taste, and they are VFNSt resistant. Sounds like a winning combo. Keep us updated.

• Moorlord
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm more than happy keeping you guys up to date, Ill post some more pics this weekend when I go back home after the fourth. Its nice you guys are interested, my wife is certainly less than enthusiastic at this point when it comes to me talking about my tomatoes ;)

• dickiefickle
    10 years ago

" Some of the fused branches are as thick as my wrist and have to be individually supported, no joke"
    Looking forward to the pics of wrist size branches ,holy cow

• wildflower
    10 years ago

I'd love to see photos of those maters also! This is called a "fasciated" stem. A freak of nature as I understand it. Link below...

I've seen this on brugmansia and foxglove in my garden.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fascinating Fasciated Plants

• jadie88
    10 years ago

Hey, how bout a new pic of your little monster there?!

• Moorlord
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well I just got home from 10 days away and the mega bloom has been aborted, along with many others. I have been spared the majority of the rain this year until now, when I got home I was pretty disheartened. My garden has turned into a blight infested hole with many of my plants suffering from too much water. I guess it rained here most every day for the last two weeks. I cleaned out 4 garbage bags of blighted leaves, yanked all of my potatoes and spent the rest of the day weeding and spraying. The poor little guys between the water and the blight I don't think a lot of them will make it. I suspect root rot on quite a few. Anyways ill post up some pics of the fused branches later today. Oh and thanks for the good info wildflower.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES