Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Post Your Tomato Pics 2012

Posted by world_tomatoes none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 12 at 18:36

Hmmmm, did a search and didn't find a 2012 pic thread yet so I figured I would start one. This is my southeast Asian cultivar plot and includes Samar Native, Gapan Native, Angeles City Native, Talavera Native, Native, Filipino #2, Divisoria-2, Susong Kalabaw, VC-11, Kamatis na Ligaw, Nagcarlang, and Tanggula.

IMG 2215

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Post Your Tomato Pics 2012

Still early in the season here, but here's my pic. This is a new garden spot, but the tomatoes seem to be happy because we planted half the plant, only leaving about 5 inches above the ground and they have still put on great growth in no time.

Hillbilly, brandywine, yellow brandywine, several different beefsteaks, jersy devil and one grape. Plus we have tons of reseeds in the compost pile, will be interesting to see what they turn out to be.

Photobucket

o

Just a couple of Better Bush tomatoes producing right now.
Planted last week in April. I have harvested about 24 tomatoes from the one plant so far with at least 30 more coming.

Have 3 sort of experimental Dwarf tomato plants just started 6 days ago. Have already grown about 2-3", only supposed to get about 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall max height but produce nice large tomatoes.
One is a cross between a Dwarf and a Cherokee Purple, called Chocolate Champion.
Have another that is a large pink tomato called Rosella Crimson.
The 3rd is called Summer Sunrise and is a large yellow tomato.
Cant wait until they produce.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the Dwarfs a few minutes after I transplanted them 6 days ago.

Photobucket

o

My tomato plants have become mutants so far! They are almost 6 feet tall and it is only June 14! I have LOTS of green tomatoes, it has been comfortable here in NC, not too hot and lots of rain! It has made for great growing conditions, now we need it to warm up so they can ripen up!

o

Here is my Black Krim bed, looking pretty good I think.

o

These went in the Friday before Memorial Day. Probably Big Boy or Better Boy. Not sure because someone gave them to me and I didn't ask, but that is usually what he grows.

o

World, no, you don't see a picture thread here in this GEneral Disussion Forum b'c if you look at the top of the page next to on topic Forums, you'll see the word Gallery, which is an Image Gallery for anyone who wants to post pictures of their plants.

However, I just took a look myself and it seems as though it's not much used b'c folks don't go there to post their pictures I suppose b'c they don't know about it.

So go for it. LOL

Carolyn

o

Cherokee Purple 1
Cherokee Purple 2
My Cherokee Purple tomatoes getting nice and big but taking forever to ripen, I am dying to know what they taste like.

o

• Posted by natal Louisiana 8b (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 11:00

o

natal,

Once again, your photography knocks my socks off! Your first photo looks like a Thomas Kinkade watercolor.

My garden this year in San Jose is doing pretty well:

Photobucket

I'm growing 8 Dwarf Project plants which I'm really impressed with:

Photobucket

Tastywine and Caitydid in these two containers.

And the sweetcorn is coming along as well:

Photobucket

Raybo

o

Unfortunately my tomatoes look like this. Long story. Turns out to be herbicide contamination from ditch hay through horses.

o

My purple tomato plants (seeds from Ebay)! I live in Mexico in the Chihuahua Desert zone, and i'm impressed they are doing so well in this hot temperatures! I'll post pics off my other varieties tomorrow! Right now there are 16 or 17 tomatoes in the plant, and I already harvested 6!

o

sorry here's the picture

o

o

o

Oh wow. I have major envy of you Z7 and Z8 gardeners. My stupice tomato has two teeeeeny fruits going on it already and I was just bursting with pride :) Will post pictures tomorrow. My stupice and Black from Tula both very robust, doing well and growing fast. Green Zebra also doing well. Yellow pear less impressive, and the Brandywine looks like it is on death's doorstep. I'm starting to think that tomato is too much trouble to be worth growing.

o

bump

o

The really tall ones are the volunteers. The shorter ones are St. Pierre.
I am so happy I learned about the Florida weave. next year I will try to get taller posts, but free is free.

o

• Posted by qaguy Sunset 21/LosAngeles (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 29, 12 at 18:59

These pictures are from Jun 22, but I don't think it matters all that much.

Some tomatoes you see will already be eaten! Most are bigger now too.

First though, some overall shots of the plot taken today.

The cages are 6 feet tall.

Overall shot

Photobucket

Right side

Photobucket

Left side

Photobucket

Big Boy

Big Boy 1

Big Boy 2

Black from Tula

Black from Tula 1

Black from Tula 2

Sudduth Brandywine

Brandywine 1

Brandywine 2

Cherokee Purple

Cherokee Purple 1

Cherokee Purple 2

Dona

Dona 1

Dona 2

Kellogs Breakfast

Kelloggs Breakfast 1

Photobucket

Lemon Boy

Lemon Boy 1

Lemon Boy 2

Momotaro

Momotaro 1

o

Everyone's tomatoes look great - well except that one with herbacide contamination.....so sorry to hear that. How does it happen? Was it wind drifted in?

qaguy, I like the looks of the pvc cages, how deep into the ground is the pipe pushed? Thanks.

o

• Posted by qaguy Sunset 21/LosAngeles (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 13:45

marymcp - the cages are 12 inches deep in the ground and
18 inches above. It's a 30 inch piece of PVC.

While I don't do it, you can also just drive some rebar
into the ground (2 feet of rebar, 1 foot into the ground)
and slip the PVC over it. I did that for a neighbor and
it seems to be working well.

And if you don't like white, there's plastic paint in
lots of colors.

If you're interested in details about the cages, follow
the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Matkey tomato cage

o

Photobucket
Juliet tomatoes in back of a daylily bed. These are growing like crazy and full of green fruit. Have had some ripe ones.

Photobucket
Juliet closeup.

Photobucket
The Juliet from another angle.

Photobucket
Here is my Sungold.

Photobucket
Been eating those yummy Sungold fruit.

Photobucket
This is Superfantastic.

Photobucket
This is a new area I fixed up for a veggie garden this spring and have some tomatoes growing in.

Photobucket
Here are some tomatoes I picked. The coin is a quarter. From bottom to top. Sungold, Sugery, Fourth Of July, Juliet and Grape.

o

Bama Big Boy

o

7 wks. Big Rainbow

o

7wk. Chocolate Cherokee

o

7 Wk. Black from Tula.... I'm counting on these being my early fall plantings,but hopefully picking before October. I tried to post on tomato gallery, but kept getting failed to upload..

o

Not as big as some others, but since I just got them transplanted about a month ago I don't think they're doing too badly - esp. considering the lack of rain. I was "dry farming" these but have ended up hauling water (up to 1/2 gal per plant) 5 times when the temps were around 90 for days.

2012Tomatoes008, Trying to get a good shot of my main tomato row (peppers in row to foreground).  I don't think I got the CP in this shot, so these would be Sudduths to the right, and maybe you can see Black Krims over on the left (continues on to Speckled Romans and Gardener's Delight cherries).

My first Brandywine - black spot where it got against remesh but doesn't seem to be rotting. Insect damage as well? This one is for me, not for market anyway.

My first Brandywine - not too pretty, this got up against the remesh and made a black spot but it doesn't seem to be rotting (yet).  Also so insect damage, but I'm going to let it ripen and cut it open, hope it's OK.  This one is for me, not market.

Cherokee Purples

Cherokee Purple

More Cherokee Purples!

Insect damage or catfacing?

Catfacing or insect damage?  I see seeds, but no rot.

In the same garden (my nightshade garden!) I have potatoes and peppers

Red Pontiac potatoes are about done in by the heat and dry weather, probably going to dig in a day or 2.  I had limed the far end of the row earlier in the spring, just started transplanting some exotic peppers down that end.  Hope the weather holds warm through Sept so I can get some fruit off them.  Cubanelle, bell, jalapeno, cherry, and serrano in the row to the right (foreground, have 2 dozen tomatoes in FL Weave at back of that row).

o
Forgot the volunteers!

Finally decided to stake (weave) them - 3 posts set in triangle. I don't know if I can get in there and prune, but no signs of any disease so far (it's been dry). These have never been watered.

Finally decided to try to stake up (weave) the volunteer tomatoes, they were getting so big and tangled.  T posts set in triangle.  I don't know if I can get in there and prune, but so far no signs of disease (it's been dry).

German Johnson (from last year's plants uphill that drowned in Irene) or something the chickens ate? Can't wait to taste them - hope they're good and not some yucky hybrid (either from 2nd gen seed or natural)!

Volunteer tomatoes - maybe German Johnson from last year (uphill), or something the chickens ate?  Can't wait to see (hope they taste good whatever they are!).

o

Well my 2 Better Bush are on their way out now.
this is almost 5 weeks after my other post on this thread.
In the past 4 days I have harvested 37 tomatoes from both plants, 16 this morning, in the past 5 weeks somewhere around 75-80 plus the 24 prior to that so over 100 and have probably about 30+ more coming in the next 2 weeks.
That also doesn't count the 12-15 eaten by Ecoterrorist/Squirrels.

Not too bad for 2 Bush tomato plants in containers.
Should be at least 150+ tomatoes.

Now the 3 Dwarfs are going to have to take over.
Lots of flowers dropping from the insane heat but still appear to have about 12 fruit coming on one, about 5-8 on each of the others so about 30 more from them so far.

Here is what they look like 5 weeks later, 6 weeks after planting.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

1st year grower here...Romas were store bought seedlings

o

1st year grower here...Black Prince store bought seedlings

o

1st year grower here...Russian Black Pear ( 40 days old ) bought seeds...started late

o

1st year grower here...Japanese Black Trifele( 40 days old ) bought seeds...started late

o

30 Plants put in May 12, I am picking 25-40 ripe ones every day. Canned the first bushel yesterday and plan to can weekly for the next month or so. Today I picked 39 so it should be a good week. These are better boys and early girls.

o

Everyones tomato plants look so good!

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 18:18

Well, you did state 2012 so here's a picture of the last maters I picked 1/28 from my 10 Beefmaster fall 2011 plants. I didn't take any pictures of the spring harvest :-( Resting for the summer now here in Zone 10 while the rest of you bask in the sun...I'll start seed next week for a 9/15 set.

Tom

Photobucket

o

Hey nice pics everyone!

This is a cherry tomato. I know it could of used a larger container. Still a nice looking plant though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

A bushel at once off 30 plants? Wow, am I in for it! I have staggered varieties and I got mine in almost a month later than you, but I've got 30 BWs alone (those were staggered too - planted 14 and then planted 16 more "leftovers" just a couple weeks ago but they're already flowering)!

I've got about 150 plants total - about 11 Gardener's Delight cherries (meant to plant 12 but looks like 1 is a Bloody Butcher that snuck into the 6-pack by mistake) which I'm going to draft the kids to pick, roughly 20 BB (7 leftovers just starting to flower, the rest have fruit), 13 Glacier, 8-9 Speckled Romans (have 2 fruit!), 4 SuperSweet 100 (leftovers planted late - not flowering yet) and the rest BW, BK, CP and 1 Big Rainbow.

o

Tom, my jaw dropped when I saw the picture of all those beefmaster tomatoes. I am encouraged as I planted beefmaster for the first time this year and just picked my first two ripe ones. I have more ripening and lots and lots of green fruit. They seem to get a nice big size. I only have 6 Beefmaster plants though.

Photobucket
beefmasters

Photobucket
green beefmaster on the vine

Photobucket
viva italia all still green yet

Photobucket
first cherokee purple fruit

o

Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 19:45

Tom, my jaw dropped when I saw the picture of all those beefmaster tomatoes. I am encouraged as I planted beefmaster for the first time this year and just picked my first two ripe ones. I have more ripening and lots and lots of green fruit. They seem to get a nice big size. I only have 6 Beefmaster plants though.

Looks like you're doing well. I'm Zone 10, high humidity and 10 feet from water so I need a hybrid that can handle my extremely buggy disease infested environment, after years of trial Beefmaster has become my only beefsteak for the last five years. For me it's an all-around workhorse with superb taste.

Tom

o

I ate the ones I picked and they sure were great. Honestly I have been trying different Beefsteak types each year and haven't been thrilled with any I had until these. They will be back for sure next year.

Photobucket
More green Beefmasters on the vine.

Photobucket
One of the tomato garden areas.

Photobucket
Juliet Grape tomatoes.

Photobucket
Mostly Early Girls

Photobucket
Better Bush and Patio tomatoes.

Photobucket
Whoppers

o
Another bushel ready to can

You can only eat and give away so many. This is my third bushel of Better Boys and Early Girls. What a great summer for tomatoes, at least here in Southwest Ohio.

o
Another bushel ready to can

Picture didn't make it to first post

o

Wow, that sure is a nice batch of tomatoes!

o

My tomato jungle. Some cages fell over after a July 1 storm; 10 more fell the other night in 70mph winds. Even the ones in the new 48"-tall galvanized $10 square cages. Good news is, plants have survived. Been picking Beam's Yellow Pears and Sweetie cherry for a couple days, looks like a Convaluto San Genovese may be ready tomorrow or day after. Also planted San Marzano paste.

o

Mid-season Mortgage lifter

o

Oops, make that "Costoluto Genovese."

o

My tomatoes have been great this year and I am picking like crazy.

Photobucket
JULIET tomato jungle of four plants. I don't do anything to these, just pick lots and lots of tomatoes. Very productive.

Photobucket
The largest tomato I have picked so far is this Beefmaster I picked today.

Photobucket
Cherokee Purples on the left, Sungold middle and Big Boys on the right.

Photobucket
Whoppers

Photobucket
Early Girl and Superfantastic tomatoes.

Photobucket
Beefmaster and Better Boys.

o

I just went and picked three quarts of tomatoes from the JULIET plants. I know I have three quarts as I used those plastic quart containers you get from the deli or chinese food in. I had them stuffed over the top. Can't believe how many tomatoes the Juliets produce. Just fabulous.

o

I have been fortunate with my tomatoes this year. In this photo, Early Girl, Celebrity, and Neves Azorean Red.

o

Those look yummy. Which is the Neves Azorean Red? That is a variety I have heard about on the forum here but not familiar with.

o

The Neves Azorean Red are the larger tomatoes in the upper left. They are very good....a lot of meat.

o

Humm, I am going to have to get seed and try growing them for myself next year. They sure do look good!

o

I've been having a great year here in zone 4 (Twin Cities). I've been harvesting for over a month and getting great results. I think I've only had to water six times this season.

This is what I picked today.

Sun Gold, Golden Sweet, Sweet Million, Black Plum, Jaune Flamme, Golden Queen, Lemon Boy, Opalka, Italian Red Pear, Brandywine, Carbon, Chocolate Cherry, Speckled Roman, Pomodoro Marmande, Glacier, San Marzano.

o

My sister made this banner for me, the tomato is a Delicious. or was anyway. I have given up, my seeds must have gotten mixed, but I am having a great harvest and sharing plenty.

o

I live in Chicago and have a 4x6' plot in a neighborhood community garden. I'm growing Black Krims, Green Zebras, Sweet 100's, Boxcar Willie and some yellow cherry tomatoes. I've only been harvesting for the last week or so but I've already harvested 16lbs :)

I've really enjoyed checking out everyone's photos. I can't believe how healthy some of your plants look. Most of mine are crispy brown, despite me watering at least every second day. They're still producing though, so I'm grateful for that

o

Brandywine Suddeth just shy of 1.5 pounds. Oddly one of my best plants this year with approx 20 tomatoes all 1 pound +.

o

Very nice tomatoes, everyone! I don't always comment but I always love to look at the pictures.

o

Black and Brown Boar:
Photobucket

Various cherry tomatoes:
Photobucket

o

I feel like a piker after looking at all those great tomatoes, we don't get enough heat during the summer to ripen beefsteak types and not much production from most heirlooms.

These are Jet Stars, they do pretty well for us.

o

Here is my Black Zebra plant. It has a fair amount of fruit on it and we have harvested 2 so far but it does take a long time to ripen!

o

Those JET STARS look great to me !

green, what an unusual looking tomato. That Black and Brown Boar is lovely. How does it taste?

o

Here is my first weeks (approx) worth of Chocolate Stripes. 25 Lbs. Italian Heriloom is close behind with close to 20 Lbs harvested in the first week.

Photobucket

CH

o

Wow, another great looking batch of tomatoes. I really love the looks of these red with green stripes varieties.

o

Photobucket
About four quarts out of the six quarts I picked today in this bag of the JULIET tomatoes. I know that some of you on this forum hate Juliets. But they are so productive and my neighbors two kids eat all I can give them. They got these. Me, I love Juliets and will be planting them again next year.

o

This year I'm vert pleased with my San Marzano Redortas that I am growing for sauce.

Thank God for the trickle irrigation during this drought!

crazyoldgoose in Md

o

Red boar from seed giveaway.

o

Barnhart, your picture of Red Boar caused me to do a search for it on the web.

I stumbled upon the website for Wild Boar Farms. I have seen some of these varieties listed at Heritage Seed but not all of them. In fact until I stumbled upon their own website I didn't know there were more to be had. What fabulous looking tomatoes. I am going to have to have many of these for myself next spring! And so beautuful on top of everything else. Wow!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wild Boar Farms

o

Toddler approved taste too (the only honest food critics).

o

Barnhart, I am sure those taste great!

Today I picked and also ate some of the VIVIA ITALIAS that are just really getting into production now. They taste really good even to eat fresh. Bet these will make fabulous sauce and salsa. Have to get some pictures soon. I never wanted to eat Romas fresh but the Vivia Italias taste so much better than those old Romas used to.

o

• Posted by jolj 7b/8a (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 11:27

More tomatoes
Tomatoes,egg plant,asparagus & onions
tomatoes
Juliet tomato plant
sweet 100 tomatoes

o

Baby German Queen tomato - the plant that this is on broke last night, so hopefully she'll make it!

o

German Queens taste good, I have had that variety in the past.

Here is the biggest tomato I have picked this year so far. 1 pound 13 ounces BEEFMASTER picked this morning.
Photobucket

o

My tomatoes are finally blushing in Seattle. The first tomato on Kimberley started breaking a few days ago, about 67 days after transplant and 2 days before Sungold.

Tomatoes blushing on Kimberley in mid-August

o

Reif Red Heart 1 pound 9 ounces.

It was delicious! Not too bad for a 5 gal bucket SWC.

o

Lemon cherry:
Photobucket

Green cherry:
Photobucket

Various tomatoes
Photobucket

o

Is that a Chocolate Stripe in the bottom left? What do they taste like?

o

ed, great tomato!

green, love the mixed batch.

o

Seven quarts of Juliet tomatoes I picked today.

o

Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 18:15

Nice Beefmaster Rita! I've gotten them up to a little over 2 lbs. I'd post a picture but it would not be recent. Those Juliet's look great too.

Here are my seedlings today, they'll be three weeks old Saturday. Set date is 9/15 here in Zone 10 Florida if no hurricanes are predicted for the week. Tallest/healthiest:

Beefmaster
Vinson Watts
Monomakh's Hat
Sweet Baby Girl
First Prize
Tangella
Smarty F1
Japanese Black Trifelle

P1040442

P1040441

Forty plants, twenty eight spaces to set plants :-)

Tom

o

Those seedlings look great to me! You need to make your tomato garden space larger then you can keep all your seedlings :-))

Beefmaster to Juliet. Large tomatoes to small ones. I like all types!

o

I don't know how I missed it before. Crazy Old Goose, Your gardening beverage is the BEAST? LOL I thought only teenagers drank that stuff.

Edweather - I had the basket of Choc Stripes a little up the thread and I think they taste very good. A little bit rich and deep. Not a top of the palate zing like some of the higher acids tomatoes I have tried this year. Hard to describe really but Pretty big flavor, it's just mellow at the same time. It kind of just saturates you with flavor instead of punching you in the face with it. I'm also in Upstate NY and they in particular produced great for me. They are my largest plants other than sungold and the heaviest producers as well. If you ever come through Utica area look me up and you can try some in person.

CH

o

edweather,
On the picture it is not Chocolate Stripe , it is Black & Red Boar.
It tastes really good and also productive too.

o

[IMG]http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/jane5056/Gar2012-005_Web3.jpg[/IMG]

First attempt at posting a picture. I hope to get the actual photo, and not a code. If this doesn't work I'll try something else.

Jane
P.S. Black Krim, Kellogs Breakfast and assorted reds. Results of my "taste test" to follow. There were some real surprises for me.

o

OK , copy the next tag down, the HTML code not the Img code and you will have it.

o

TOMATOES: Beefmaster, Beefsteak, Better Boy, Big Beef, Big Boy, Big Red, Brandywine, Brandywine Black, Brandywine Pink, Brandywine Yellow, Celebrity, Celebrity (bush), Delicious, Dr. Lyle, Early Girl, Early Oregon, Early Treat, Monster, Mortgage Lifter, Red Cherry, Sun Gold, Supersteak, Supersweet 100, Supersweet, Sweet Million, Sweetie.

COMPANION PLANTS: Artemisia, Basil, Bee Balm, Borage, Chives, Geraniums, Lovage, Marigolds, Oregano, Parsley, Petunias, Yarrow, Zinnia

DRIP IRRIGATION SYSTEM:

BENEFICIAL INSECTS: LADYBUGS

TRELLIS ROOF:

The roof serves both to:

1. Avoid overwatering or unplanned watering from heavy / long rains, and
2. Protect from strong sun, for a few days, the recently planted seedlings / companion plants

o

Very nice pictures, and nice tomato support system and overhead structure. A visual feast.

Jane

P.S. You are not alone. I do companion planting too.

o

Tx for the nice words. What companion plants do you use?

o

Hi Daniel,

I am growing, in close proximity to the tomato plants, dill and Bishop's lace. When those flower, the tiny flowers attract parasitic wasps that parasitize the aphids lurking on the tomatoes. This has worked well for me: minimal aphids this year, no spraying needed. Other plants include basil and cilantro which, when allowed to bolt, attract beneficial insects. Parsley serves as haven for the lacewing bug, which is an aphid predator in its larval form. This is a work in progress. I have been educating myself over the past few years--attending lectures in my area, and googling ad nauseum the topic of "Attracting Beneficial Insects to the Garden." I have slowly begun to see some improvements.
By the way, I have my own picture to post here...and would like to know how you copy the code from your image-hosting service onto this forum. Do copy (paste) the image code directly into the "Image updload" box? I tried doing that and it did not work; nothing copied. On the other hand, when I copied the code directly into the text message area, it appeared as code when "previewed", not as a photo. When the message is actually submitted, does the code then transform itself into a photo?

I am aware that one can also use the "Browse" feature to upload photo file from one's hard drive, however, I would rather go the image hosting service route (Photobucket in my case).

Jane

o

I use ImageShack which gives me 4-5 options of codes. I don,t know about Photobucket, but most likely it also gives you different options of codes. Copy and paste ALL those codes and see which one works.

o

Test...

[IMG]http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/jane5056/Gar2012-005_Web3.jpg[/IMG]

Black Krim Kellogg's Breakfast & assorted reds

o

Use this code:

< a href="URL">Title< /a>

In your case:

- URL = http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l570/jane5056/Gar2012-005_Web3.jpg and
- Title = Black Krim Kellogg's Breakfast & assorted reds

In order for the code to work, remove the space in before “a” in < a href… and the space before “/”> in < /a>.

You will get: Black Krim Kellogg's Breakfast & assorted reds.

Btw, nice picture and nice tomatoes...

o

Sorry: In order for the code to work, remove the space in before the letter a in < a href and the space before / (slash) in < /a>.

o

Daniel, thank you for creating the link and for additional instructions.
Apologies to all for cluttering up this thread with all my technical issues.
Jane

o

heres a few

o

Nice. I would say more than a few :-))

o

thats what im talkin about !!!

o

Beautiful...

I would replace the white bread with some Lithuanian bread, and I would add some Bulgarian cheese and Polish Kielbasa.

Yummy!

Luckly, we can get those, and MUCH more, here in New York.

o

Today's Black Cherry haul.

o

Very nice.

o

o

Better Bush picked today. Lovely tomatoes on a short stocky plant which is perfect for a container. Mine is in one. Produces well but the tomatoes have no flavor. Will not be planting them again next year.

o

This made 7 quarts of sauce and I had a dozen toms left to take to Church.
Photobucket

o

Must add a few shots of our tomatoes!

Left to right: Black Cherry, Snow White, Sungold, and Galina's
Photobucket

German Giant. Just over 1 lb., there are bigger ones on the plant:)

German Giant, Weighing in at 1 lb, 2 ozs.  The biggest one is yet to come off the vine!

Dagma's Perfection

Dagma's Perfection, Listed as a yellow, ours are very orange/yellow.  Many are touchy to what seems like a blossom end rot....but not really.  Need to pick them early, ripen indoors.

Orange Russian 117. Very happy with these!

Orange Russian 117, This variety is listed as a bi-color.  You can see a little orange/red striping on this one.  Some others are solid yellow.

Overall, a great season for tomatoes....even with getting the plants out at least 7-10 days into June!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here