Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sea Magic Organic Growth Activator

Posted by rnp0123 Southern Cal (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 14, 08 at 19:40

I bought some Sea Magic Organic Growth Activator from Burpee to use on my tomatoes. I diluted the powder a while back, but I lost the instructions and don't know how much to dilute it for foliar feeding. Anybody know how to dilute and apply the stuff?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sea Magic Organic Growth Activator

You can purchase a pound of the stuff for $5. that is less than what you paid for an ounce. I posted on it a couple of weeks ago.

The stuff is simply Atlantic Kelp powder. try starwest botanicals. they sell it by the pound.

the regular use is one gram per gallon but no one ever said a different ratio was not ok. So it would be about 30 gallons per ounce. 450 gallons per pound.

o

I looked into getting some and it's 13.44 per pound at the cheapest shiping rate.
thats more than double your claim.
but still cheaper in the long run

o

I am really trying to keep an organic garden. Sea Magic Organic Growth Activator sounds amazing! Can anyone tell me their experience with it? Is it really organic?

o

• Posted by digdirt 6b-7a North AR (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 10:53

If you use the search here and insert 'Sea Magic' in the search blank you can find all sorts of previous discussions about this stuff. Lots of hype, questionable results at best. It's just another of the many fertilizers available. Nothing "magic" about it.

Dave

PS: the directions for use are on its manufacturer's website.

1. Dissolve 30 gram (1 ounce) package in a 4 litre (1 gallon) jug (or two 2 litre (½ gallon) pop bottles) filled with warm water. This is your liquid concentrate. Store in a cool place.

2. To use on the plants in your home garden, add 15ml (3 tsp) of the liquid concentrate to each litre (quart) of water. If you're using a standard-sized 8 litre (2 gallon) watering can, add 120ml (½ cup) of the liquid concentrate each time you fill the watering can with water.

There are no instructions provided for using it as a foliar feed but normally any foliar feeding is further diluted to 1/2 strength max. or less.

o

What is/are the active ingredient(s) that does the "Magic" ?

o

• Posted by digdirt 6b-7a North AR (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 18:15

That's the point. No one knows except the maker.

Dave

o

Right, Dave.
I wouldn't waste my money on things that I don't know what it is.

A lot of water soluble fertilizes ( like MG all purpose green powder) are water soluble and can be foliar sprayed.
Foliar spray is good if your soil chemistry prevents uptake of certain elements, for some reason, I think. Otherwise it is best to feed the roots. JMO

o

Bat Guano, chicken manure, horse manure, cow manure,
Mycorrhiza, molasses, fish, seaweed, sea salt, bone meal, azomite are all organic growth activators. Just a play on words.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here