Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
popdo_gw

Gro-Fine: Is this stuff okay to use?

popdo
11 years ago

I'm not exactly an organic gardener and I found a very cheap, 3 dollar plant food called Gro-Fine Tomato Plant Food.

It claims a NPK of 16-19-29.

But is this brand trustable? Does anyone know? I couldn't find anything about it on google.

Comments (6)

• Bets
    11 years ago

The company that makes Gro-Fine, Knox Fertilizer Company, Inc., has been in business for more than 60 years. They must be doing something right. Since you're "not exactly an organic gardener" I think you'd be fine with using it, unless you find something on the lable that gives you the heebiejeebies. The company must be doing something right if they have stayed in business that long.

I hope that helps.

Betsy

• kudzu9
    11 years ago

Straight NPK fertilizers are simply mixtures of inorganic chemicals, so I don't consider use of such fertilizers to even be an organic gardening issue.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    10 years ago

all you have to do is triple the nitrogen and you will have a very good citrus tree fertilizer

• Jim Anderson
    8 years ago

We had a lot of rain during spring and most people's gardens didn't do well, including mine. I started using this fertilizer in June after the rain stopped and my tomatoes went crazy. I've got healthy plants now that are filled with tomatoes. I'll have a lot of tomatoes until first frost.

• poncirusguy6b452xx
    8 years ago

Popdo How is your orange tree doing. Its been 2 years

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    8 years ago

It sounds like a good tomato fertilizer, too. (high in P and K)

Sey