Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
need2seegreen

did I wait too long to transplant my Sungold seedlings?

Hello all!

I am trying (again) to grow tomatoes.

I have several little Sun Gold seedlings that I grew myself. With life getting a little hectic, I haven't gotten them into the nice big pots yet. They are about 8 or 9" tall and already have blooms on them. (I think it has been too hot on my balcony, which is enclosed and gets very hot, so I will be double-potting or maybe using bubble wrap around them - my original plan was to use 5 gallon pot, but from what I read here and elsewhere, now I'm thinking 15 gallon, which means I can't double pot..., I'm not sure yet, but I know the heat will be an issue. Suggestions appreciated...)

Do you think they will still be okay, or did I wait too long to transplant and now they won't be healthy?

I have looked at several of your threads, including this one: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tomato/msg051852232557.html , but it didn't talk specifically about what to do if your seedling is already trying to make tomatoes even though it is very small.

Is that normal for a young plant to try to fruit? I know it's indeterminate but still it seems early to me.

Your help is appreciated. I really really like this website, there is a lot of great experience here!

Comments (2)