Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
archoo16

zone 5B

archoo16
11 years ago

Hi. I sowed some seeds from a grocery store roma tomato in first week of april, thinned them to 4 plants , 2 in 1 gallon pots and 2 in 3 gallon pots. of the 4 plants, 1 has exceeded my expectations. It flowered in 53 days. Now its has almost 17 trusses each with an average of 6 flowers. I did not prune or cage. the first fruit is almost grocery store size and green, so it might get a little bigger. the other greenies look beautiful. The plant itself is 23 inches tall. :-D Its perfect for my balcony garden. I want to know what should I look for when collecting seeds? the other plant are doing relatively well, the other one in 3 gallon pot had some blossom end rot problem after sudden shower, but much better now. My awesome plant just enjoyed the showers and opened more blooms. I am in love with it. By the way I have been self pollinating the flowers assiduously. I cant prevent other factors, but chances are more that they were self pollinated. Now, what should I look for in the fruits I collect for seeds? Thanks for any help.

Comments (4)