Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stem end rot??

Posted by redd1981 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 0:15

Hey everyone I have a sunsugar plant growing at my bosses house and they are turning black and soft where they connect to the stem. There are other types of tomatoes in the same garden with no problem at all. I also have a sunsugar at my house and I havent seen anything like it on mine.

Any ideas about what it might be or a solution?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stem end rot??

You could take a cuttings and root them. Stick them in water and see if anything oozes out of the stem. If not, you can salvage the plant that way.

Linda

o
RE: Stem end rot??

Seeing a photo would really help. The diescription is just too vague.

It could just be cracking that has gotten infected with mold, it could be a fungus disease called Gray Mold, or it could be damage from tomato fruitworms.

Dave

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here