Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there something wrong with my tomato plant?

Posted by infiniti123 TX (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 2:23

Hello,

This is my first time gardening and I've planted some tomato plants in a raised garden bed. Its kind of a psuedo square ft garden, I didnt have the resources to follow SFG to the tee but its close. If you see the attached picture, the leaves have yellowish brown blotches on them. I had them in the pots they came in for about 1 week before recently transferring it to my SFG. I've been watering the garden daily since its pretty hot out here in Dallas and I see my other pepper plants begin to droop around the evening time. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there something wrong with my tomato plant?

"Its kind of a psuedo square ft garden, I didnt have the resources to follow SFG to the tee but its close."

So, what exactly is the mix you are growing in? It looks like it's got a lot of wood in it that's probably locking up all the nitrogen.

Rodney

o

Are you fertilizing and what are you using?

o

The mix is about 20% compost (mostly mushroom compost), 60% miracle gro potting soil, and 10% vermiculite. I am not using any fertilizer other than what is in the miracle gro.

Thanks

o

A healthy dose of fertilizer is needed stat! Preferably some liquid or water soluble to begin with and water it in well. Your soil sounds ok, but it looks dry, and your plants definitely need food.

o

Thanks, I put in some fertilizer today. Lets see what happens!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here