Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
strange yellow residue

Posted by orangedragonfly (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 07 at 8:49

I just went outside , I checked my tomato's for any signs of ripeness , cut off any flowers that have dried out and not produced fruit. I walked over to get the trash barrels from the street, went to put away my scissors and noticed my hands where all yellow, with some strange yellow powder. My garden is organic and ive never used anything stronger than garlic spray and baking soda in my garden. Ive never know for tomatos to have a "powder" like residue on them. The variety was just labled "heirloom" so I dont know exactly what type this is, they (the leaves) also have a much stronger smell and the leaves are shaped a bit differently.
is this normal?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: strange yellow residue

perfectly normal.

o

Thank you. I went out and rubbed the top of some squash and cucumber plants to see if it was there too, but no it wasnt. I was worried that the town sprayed for mosquitos or something . They never have but you never know.

o

Orange Dragonfly,

My guess is that you got pollen on your fingers. Cool.

Bill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here