Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edymnion

Ebay Petition: Increase Feedback Window for Seeds

Edymnion
11 years ago

This was/is up over in the hot peppers forum, but its definitely something that needs more exposure, so I'm reposting it around.

Basic jist, ebay only allows feedback to be left for 60 days after purchase, after that the window closes. Ebay seed sellers take advantage of this by selling large amounts of "rare" seeds knowing full well that by the time anyone can grow one out and discover they've been had, its too late to leave any form of negative feedback or report them for it.

Don't know if it'll do any good or not, but pass it around if you can.

Ebay Seed Feedback Time Petition

Comments (7)

• carolyn137
    11 years ago

I have to be candid here, but I never totally understood the need to buy tomato seeds off e-bay when there are sooo many terrific family owned seed sites that list wonderful varieties, and many of them the same ones one can find on e-bay.

Yes, there are some folks I know who don't have their own websites where they sell seeds and sell only off E-bay, and Maria of Blue Ribbon Tomatoes is one of them.

In these economic times I'd like to think that those who buy tomato seeds would want to help support those smaller family oriented seed sites b/c it's tough times for everyone in the seed business.

Actually I'm even mostly anti-seed trading as well, for all the reasons above and more having to do with crossed seed, etc.

How about folks considering buying at least half of their tomato seeds, hopefully more.

OK, I realize that not everyone will agree with me, but that's OK for I can take it. LOL

Carolyn

• digdirt2
    11 years ago

How many postings of this it there? This is the 3rd one I have run into already today. So much for the forum guidelines against multiple postings here.

And how many people would actually buy seeds from eBay anyway? Why?

As I posted on one of the others, eBay has its own forums for discussions like this not to mention all sorts of direct contact options for suggestions and problems.

Dave

• garf_gw
    11 years ago

There have been a couple of cases when only the Ebay dealers had what I wanted. One case was Maneb, soon after it was banned.

• dickiefickle
    11 years ago

People have a right to sell on Ebay
    People should expect to get a product as described when they buy .
    If you dont get what they bought they should have a right on an Ebay forum to give feedback months after the puchase ( 1 year ? )
    Ebay should have a bad seed seller report area
    ?

• Tomatobaby
    11 years ago

There are a lot of reputable heirloom seed companies out there. I have always been able to find what I need from them so I agree with supporting the small businesses.

• harveyhorses
    11 years ago

ebay is a very easy way for me to look for the seeds I want. Nobody that I am aware of in my area sells seeds as early as I want to plant. The three people I have bought from all have nurseries, and I can go to that site and see what is what. Where is the line? If a nursery starts as family owned and operated, but does very well, is it wrong that they are now 'commercial'?
    Not sure what to think about added time, the only problem I had the seller sent me replacement seeds well after the feedback time. Guess I am lucky.
    Now I am saving my own seeds, but you have to start somewhere.

• blackdiamondgal
    10 years ago

I recently have been buying seeds on ebay.They have some good deals.And have been very disappointed.I think they should have feedback longer.To make sure the seeds are authenic .

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations