Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Biggest Tomato

Posted by tomva 7-central virginia (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 9:42

Here are some pics of my biggest tomato so far :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Tom'sGarden

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Biggest Tomato

Can't see it without logging in first.

o

• Posted by tomva 7-central virginia (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 10:11

sorry digdirt this should work :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Tom'sGarden

o

nice sandwich!!

o

Wow! I planted 1 Big Rainbow I got from someone else, it was the last to get transplanted but it was huge when I put it out (about a month ago), easily 3 ft tall with 2 suckers as big as the main stem (so I buried it about 18" deep, with branching points under soil to try to root/support those huge suckers). Just got some small tomatoes on it now, mostly just flowers yet. My CP and BW are way ahead of it. Going to be interesting to see which variety gives the biggest ones. I'm just hoping I get ripe BR's before frost.

o

Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 10:29

Make sure you stake the BR really good ajsmama :o)

o

Thanks Tom. Now be honest, are those just miniature bread slices? :)

Dave

o

I'm just worried the critters are going to get them - the 2 tomatoes on it so far are outside the fence and I just had to throw out a nice BW that the turkeys got to. Oh well, plenty of blossoms on MY side of the fence!

(Though I did put in a gladiolus stem ring/stake and re-tie my baling twine to pull some big CP away from the fence a bit more after seeing the BW damage. Nothing to do about the cherries growing wild through the fence.)

o

Mon, Jul 23, 12 at 12:38

for digdirt:)It's the real deal,lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here