Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loriash

Beautiful Black Krim...and questions

loriash
10 years ago

I have been harvesting some gorgeous Black Krims and Brandywines - see photo. This was a 16-oz fruit harvested on July 23, and a few days later I got a 17-oz Brandywine (the ripening fruits over her shoulder are Brandywines). LOVE both of them. They've been very prolific - I've made salsa, gazpacho, canned 4 quarts of plain tomatoes and canned bruschetta. I'm having a great time with my new canner!

Question though - I have three Romas that haven't produced much - only a couple ripe fruits. And my Better Bush hasn't had any ripe fruit yet (although I'm not so excited about the hybrids anyway. Pantano Romanesco and Orange Russian 117's - same story. Lots of green, no ripe. I thought they were all due before the Brandywines and Black Krims. Any ideas? Also, my BK's have been splitting quite a bit - lots of circle=shaped splits around the tops that look old, and then on the ripe fruits there are fresh-looking splits. No splits on the Brandywines. Is this a common problem with BK's, or is there something that can be done?

{{gwi:1357807}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional