Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
njitgrad

cage extending ideas?

njitgrad
9 years ago

I already have one set of extenders on my Burpees cages but it seems like they're not going to be enough. Any suggestions on what I can add on top?

The pics below were taken three days ago (followed by links to higher res images beneath). Last night I added support between adjacent cages to prevent strong gusty windows from taking down a single cage. I zip-tied long Vigo stakes from HD between each set of cages. All seven cages are connected like a network now.

Here are higher res images:

This post was edited by njitgrad on Wed, Jul 2, 14 at 10:15

Comments (2)

• digdirt2
    9 years ago

Are they indeterminate varieties? If not then I wouldn't worry about increasing the cages as the plants will soon max out if they haven't already. If so then you can always let them drape back down the outside of the cages as most of us do.

Don't know how tall the Burpee cages are to begin with - 42" or so? If so then 84" (7') of cage copes well with any variety as long as the whole container doesn't fall over and it sounds as if you have addressed that already.

Dave

• macbettz
    9 years ago

I do, but I wont bother as it will probably not mesh with your design asethic and perfectly spaced veggie and flower pots.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES