Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alternating between Daconil and Copper

Posted by gman68558 z10 So Cal (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 18, 12 at 11:07

Since I'm not sure which disease(s) I have I thought it would be a good idea to alternate between these two fungicides. Normally you would apply at one week intervals, but because they are different can I apply one on Wednesdays for example and the other one on Saturdays? Or should I stick to the one week interval (i.e. one on the first Saturday and the other one on the next Sat, etc.)? Also, if I want to spray with sulpher occasionally can I do that at any time while the rest is going on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alternating between Daconil and Copper

I use all of the products you mentioned. You need to be very careful with sulfur as it does not mix well with certain products. Been a while since I used it but I think anything with oil in it, needs 30 days before using sulfur.

o

Anyone have an answer?

o

It is my understanding that Daconil is more effective for fungal issues than is copper and that copper is usually used as an organic method in place of Daconil. So I would just stay with a one week schedule of Daconil to be most effective against fungal diseases.

o

I sometimes mix the two together in the same tank with fine results.

o

I think I have heard Carolyn say not to mix anything with Daconil Maybe she was talking about a sticker. Cant remember the context.

o

Yes Linda, she has talked to the makers of the product and they specified that NOTHING should be mixed with Daconil or the coverage of the product on the leaves will not be 100%.

o

Thanks Mudman, now I remember the thread!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here