Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

OK, it's stink bug time! Usually it's too hot and dry to keep my cherries going into August, but this summer has been wetter, so the plants are looking great, and stink bug battles are looking to be fierce. I'm too impatient with picking or vacuuming, so I'd like to just use Sevin. Given that, I have some questions.

BTW, I plan to spray liquid on just clusters of cherry tomatoes. No broad area spraying. Just a quick squirt. I plan to use spray instead of dust because my impression has always been that most of the dust goes on the ground or on surrounding plants, which certainly don't need it, nor do the bees that go to those other plants.

Allegedly Sevin only works on immature stink bugs. Is that really the case? Of course, that just means that it'll take a stink bug lifetime to start working completely, which I guess might be a few months. Ugh.

Frequency of application? What if it rains?

What are the guidelines for consumption after application? Wait for hours, days, er, weeks? Does Sevin wash off? I've heard that it doesn't penetrate the fruit.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?